SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, August 15, 2011

A Picnic and a Hike

Sunday afternoon, hubby and I headed to the park for a picnic. It was a beautiful day. The weather was cool and the sun was shining. We have a list of things we wanted to do this summer and a picnic was on that list! And the weather was finally cool enough for it to be enjoyable.

We started out with a little appetizer. Trader Joe’s Everything Crackers and Spinach, cheese and artichoke dip made with Greek Yogurt. This stuff is AMAZING. I picked it up at Wal-Mart the other day.

HickoryHillsHike 002

I love this picture of us:

HickoryHillsHike 004

I made sure to pack a healthy picnic:

HickoryHillsHike 005

Hubby grilled Fat Free hot dogs:

HickoryHillsHike 006

HickoryHillsHike 007

After the delicious eats, we headed out for a hike. This is actually the first time we had ever gone hiking and it was AWESOME. It was so peaceful and beautiful. I had never experienced anything like it before. These huge, towering trees and just silence all around. It made me feel small. Like I was so insignificant in the world. Really a great feeling! It was an hour long hike—here are some pictures!

HickoryHillsHike 008

HickoryHillsHike 009

HickoryHillsHike 010

HickoryHillsHike 011

HickoryHillsHike 012

HickoryHillsHike 017HickoryHillsHike 018

HickoryHillsHike 019

HickoryHillsHike 025

HickoryHillsHike 026

HickoryHillsHike 027

I wish I had gotten more pictures to capture the beauty—the ones I took of the path didn’t turn out! We will definitely be looking for more areas to hike as well as go back to check out more trails at this park.

6 comments :

  1. What a gorgeous place to have a picnic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun day :) And Yummy food too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy times! Good food. Loving company!
    What else is there we could possible want in life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful hike--and a yummy and healthy picnic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love picnics! So glad your hubby will get outside with you :) Mine always a reason why he can't, LOL! Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pic looks so great! :) My face is always the last place to seem to have noticeable loss. Blah. I have a naturally round face anyway, so it just seems to take forever to look skinny. What a nice day it looks like you had!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...