SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, January 4, 2013

Weekends

Whoohoo! We made it to the weekend! It was a short work week but I’m sure glad it’s almost over.

Today I wanted to talk about weekends. For me, it often seems that I can have a really good week and then when the weekend rolls around I let loose a bit. That hasn’t always meant eating WAY too much (although it has lately) but sometimes it has meant just using up my weekly points when, maybe, I really didn’t need to or really want to.

This weekend I want to focus on staying on track. Can I have a cupcake? Yes—If I want one. Not because everyone else is having one. Not because I think I’ll never get a chance to eat another one (seriously—you can have a cupcake whenever you want, girl lol). It has to be because I feel that the indulgence will be worth it and then I will savor one cupcake.

It also does not mean that every single temptation that I come across should be indulged in. This has been my problem lately last year. Seriously, there are more cookies in the world. Someday, I can have another one—maybe just not today.

So that’s my goal for this weekend. Stay mindful. Indulge when I’m absolutely sure it’ll be worth it. But most importantly, TRACK EVERYTHING. And stay within my points. I don’t want to ruin all of the hard work and progress I’ve made this week!!

What’s your game plan for weekends?

13 comments :

  1. I'm back at it since Jan 1, Tracking, planning, and saying "no", and I'm nervous about the weekend tomorrow too!
    I've come up with a strategy that I'm going to try which I am doing in the evenings after work: I book an "appointment" to eat. Sounds weird buy it's "mentally" working. I tell my self 6 o'clock is Dinner eating, then I save 120-50 calories (2 points about) for a scoop and a half of ice cream or some chocolate in the evening, which I am not allowed to eat till 8pm. It's been working the last few night, I even find myself being productive because I'm trying to pass the time. Cleaning done! lol.

    I was thinking that this would be the perfect strategy for weekend ( I mean, I do it at work without trying: eating lunch and snacks at break times, so why not the weekend). Might have to be flexible from each weekend to the next but Planning ahead works, who knew?!

    Good luck this weekend and let us know how you make out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weekends are hard for me because it's when my husband is off work and we have a million and one things to accomplish before Sunday. I find it very hard to find time to write down and track! I know that sounds so simple, but on weekends it's just not. Best of luck to you! This will be my first wkend back at tracking, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've found that I have to eat exactly the same every single day. I've found that whatever the excuse, if I get off track for even a day, it's hard to get back on. Being a ways out of surgery, there are few things I can't have but it's not worth it for me anymore. No cupcake is worth how I feel today and what I know about myself is there's no such thing as just one indulgence. You have to know yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i know exactly what you mean!! we can indulge if we have the points or calorie and really really want too. but i do need to treat the weekends just like a weekday, its so hard but it must be done! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the hardest time on the weekends too, because my hubby is off of work and for some reason staying on track is hard. But I plan to track everything and have the mindset of not going over my calorie limit. We can do this!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I try to tell myself that too! There will be another party, another cookie, another potluck...whatever! Stop eating like it's the last time you will ever eat. Good luck staying on track.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so easy to grab something quick and forget to track it! Way to go on making journaling a priority.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Weekends can be tough! I do try to have a treat over the weekend to reward my week of hard work. Usually it is a bag of M&M's.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You so have this Alissa!!!! Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I seriously have to get back to tracking consistently. It helps even when you have gone over ww points

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good goal for the weekend. Enjoy your time off from work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Weekends are tough for me too because I'm usually home the entire time and food is constantly on my mind. I always do better when I am tracking my food. My plan for this first weekend of the New Year is to track my food, do my grocery shopping early so the house will be full of fresh and healthy food choices.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was totally just writing about that on my blog too haha. The weekends are SO hard. I'll usually find myself on track and usually have lost by the weekend but when Monday rolls around that weight is right back there. I think the easiest thing about the weekdays is having a routine so I try to keep it during the weekends too. With so many sweets around the house though it's tough! I think tracking as well helps! You got this! woot!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...