SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Update

Just stopping by to update you all on how I’m doing. Which is good. I’m on track, eating the right things, drinking lots of water, and working out.

I am on plan with my Bootcamp. I really didn’t feel like working out this evening (this is why I workout in the morning and not the evening!), so I biked for 40 minutes for the cardio interval. Whenever I don’t feel like working out, biking always seems appealing. So I’ll go with it. I biked 10 miles and was actually covered in sweat when I was done.

Ultimately, I would like to run during those interval workouts. I feel it’s a better cardio workout for me. Slowly but surely I will get there. I have three workouts (2 mandatory) left for the week. I can do this!! I will be up at 5 a.m. tomorrow to make sure I fit in my workout.

I have a confession to make. I ate food out of the vending machine two days this week. Both days, I was feeling exhausted and headachey (the new blood pressure meds aren’t working) and for some reason I always think that if I don’t feel well, food is somehow going to cure that. Oddly enough, I actually did feel better after eating the food, but that tells me that maybe I wasn’t eating enough or maybe not FILLING enough foods at lunch time.

So this morning, while packing my lunch, I decided I had better switch things up. If what I was packing wasn’t keeping me out of the vending machine, then I had better pack something different that would. The answer was almonds. I snacked on almonds and stayed out of the vending machine today! Yay!

11 comments :

  1. Good Job on getting in your workouts and thinking about an alternative snack to keep you from the vending machine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you on finding a replacement for the vending machines.
    One thing I find funny is that when I can't sleep if I eat something I'll sleep. When I don't I don't sleep. Makes absolutely no sense as I really don't need to eat anything else. Good job it doesn't happen often :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bring limited money to work and then you can't buy if you don't have the money.
    You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I eat from boredom or stress all the stinkin' time. Even mix some choc morsels or M&Ms or raisins or something with your almonds occasionally to make yourself FEEL like you're getting a vending machine snack. Good job for finding a way to replace the vending machine, and if you are in your points you are still just fine! Great job on getting with BC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. woohoo! That's great- I do love almonds. I've been doing bootcamp as well- I think it's the team environment and hard exercises that make it so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Almonds are always a fantastic choice when trying to find a filling snack. Your commitment to working out is inspiring! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Almonds are a great treat and very good for us. Great snack!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If I don't have a filling lunch, my blood sugar will drop in the afternoon sending me straight to the vending machine. Great snack idea and kudos for realizing you need to bring different/extra for lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay...you're doing really well Alissa. Have a great Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. you're doing good and vending machines are the DEVIL! But don't beat yourself up! great snack idea that keeps you fuller, longer!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...