SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Spark my Pinterest with… An At Home Beauty Solution (and kind of a funny story…)

Here’s what Spark(ed) my Pinterest!’ this week. I’d love for you to follow me!

I pinned this one to my “Beauty Tips” board. This is a brand new board that I just started and I hope to find more ideas—like this homemade face wash made with castor oil and either olive oil or sunflower oil.

 

Ok…so there’s a story to this one. So I was getting discouraged with my post-TOM broken out face, so I decided to use the Clinique Acne Solution face wash and lotion. I think I used too much lotion…

I woke up this morning with a slightly swollen face covered in a BRIGHT RED RASH. And at 5:00 p.m., it’s better…but definitely still not gone!! I am itchy and my skin is sore. My face is BURNING up like I got a sunburn…that’s really what it looks like too!

Don’t get me wrong…I absolutely LOVE Clinique. I use their 3 step system, but the Acne Solution is just too harsh for my skin. I normally just use the Acne Solutions face wash intermittently with my normal 3 step products. It’ll make my skin slightly dry but takes care of the acne. Well…this time my acne was replaced with a bright red rash, not only on my face but on my ears and neck…so I won’t be doing that again!

But a friend of mine told me about this home beauty solution that she found on Pinterest. She said she has been using it for weeks and everyone is asking her what she is using on her skin because it looks fantastic. That makes me want to give this a try!

I don’t have castor oil in the house…nor have I ever bought it? But I will be picking some up the next time I’m at the store so I can try this out.

Now if this rash will just go away by the time I go back to work tomorrow!! Hubby is having fun nicknaming me “Red” for the day. Winking smile

5 comments :

  1. Hmmm... I'll have to try this! I'm SO sick of my acne, my face just blew up this month for some reason!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If acne (or mild pimples even) is an is due for you, add some tea tree oil to it - helps tremendously well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the pic, and I thought your remedy was for constipation! LOL My mom was born in the 1930s, so when I was growing up I heard all about how castor oil would "make your bowels move." I got rather sick of hearing it! Haha Anyway, I saw the pic and thought Oh Word! What kind of funny story is THIS gonna be! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep - caster oil... good for what ails ya!
    Or so they say!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Who knew that what was in the cupboard for other reasons (cooking and, well, "the other reason")could be a face wash. I just started following you on pinterest, you have great pins Alissa. Have a good day!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...