SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A new workout buddy

My Dad is working in town, so I have gotten to hang out with him quite a bit! It has been nice. I headed over to his hotel after work and we worked out together. I did a run/walk on the treadmill. It felt good! I am hoping we can inspire each other to get the workouts in. It makes it more fun when you have a workout buddy.

He also agreed to start WW online. Today was his first day! Wish him luck! What advice would you give someone just starting on the journey to live healthier and lose weight? Please share!

8 comments :

  1. It's great you are doing this together. My advice is to take small steps at a time. I could only look at 5 lbs at a time otherwise it is just too overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to have a buddy! I would say to be patient and don't expect perfection. Lifestyle changes take a long time to become habit and to just be positive about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would say take one day at a time and have small goals to look forward to. Don't try to change everything at once so that you give up. :)

    I think the reason I love exercise classes is because it is like having a lot of buddies doing the same thing. I do not like exercising alone at home but I have been enjoying the yoga.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My advice is to gather up all the info you can of foods that other WW members love and their points+ values. Knowledge is power! Does the hotel have an indoor pool? If so, when can I come? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great! I wish my dad was still here

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for dad!! Thats awesome!! Ok
    1. Weigh every day and write it down!
    2. Drink lots of water.
    3. Do small changes each week, dont try to quit everything cold turkey.
    4. Set goals and rewards each week! Maybe like a no desert challenge for week one? Something of the sort like that....anyways that is awesome and he has a mans metabolism so he will probably see big results quick-lucky!! haha !! good luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay for the workout buddy. Good luck on WW Alissa's Dad. Just take it a day at a time!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really need to start working out again. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...