SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Packing a Lunch… and extras!

Yesterday was a good day on track for me! I turned down cookies at work about a bajillion times. People don’t seem to understand it when someone turns down a cookie. Neither do I. lol…but it must be done!

I am STILL going into the office to work because they haven’t resolved my computer issues yet. I have been very good about packing healthy foods and snacks to take with me since having to go in.

Here’s what I packed today:

20130103_062246

A Greek yogurt for a morning snack. A salad with turkey, an egg and tomatoes for lunch (with lite dressing in a container). I usually eat my carrots at lunch and clementines for my “dessert”.

I always pack extra snacks to eat if needed. One of my coworker’s saw all that I had in my lunch bag and she was like, “what all do you bring with you!?”, which was a little mortifying to me…but I just told her, “It’s better to be prepared than get hungry and buy something out of the vending machine.” Besides, I don’t think this is THAT much food…is it?! lol Maybe it’s just the fat girl in me talking. But it’s all healthy and will do my body good.

I’ve started buying Fiber bars for the “emergency” situation. You girls know what I mean. Those moments when you just need something sweet and nothing is going to stop you. Well, these are my solution, and they work. They’re processed and probably not “healthy” but they keep me from buying M&M’s, or the like, out of the vending machine.

Am I the only one who thinks like this? Sometimes I feel like such a weirdo. Oh, the struggles with weight and food!

How is your year going so far?

14 comments :

  1. It's definitely NOT that much food, plus it's all healthy stuff! Be proud of your lunch, it looks good! I try to pack a lot for my lunch as well, snacks included :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's not very much food at all..and is all very helathy. I get the cravings as well...I have a little box delivered to me every week of naturaly helathy things it's called a "graze" box and I have one little pack a day... it helps curb my cravings....apart from the days where I eat all 4 packs in one go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know my co-workers always comment on my lunch kit because it's always stuffed! That's what happens when you bring fruit and veggies though, you can eat soooo much of them and still need to eat something else to fill your calories! I'm pretty sure my co-workers are wondering exactly how I lose weight! hah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're definitely NOT a weirdo! I spend like 20-30 minutes online looking at menus whenever my boyfriend and I decide to go out to eat. I figure out what options they have, what the caloric content will be, etc. Again, being prepared is better than making a rash decision and regretting it later. Good luck on your goals! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh yum!!! that looks yummy and delicious!! yes i always would rather bring the kitchen sink than not be prepared!! dont fret sister you are not alone in that!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! I do the same thing regarding bringing extra food just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your lunch and snacks look wonderful! I have a friend that works for kelloggs and he brought me some boxes of those fiber bars. At first I was skeptical, but one day I grabbed one for a snack on the go and I was hooked. They are great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I ALWAYS pack a lunch/snack for when I go out! I have loss 90lbs on WW since March and I started doing this back then! It has helped me be successful! I would rather carry around a big ole bag with healthy food then get too hungry and eat junk! btw, we had a lady at a WW meeting, who is a flight attendant, talk about the FA's packing their own snacks for flights. She said that the bigger the snack bag the smaller the FA! They are smaller because they are eating their packed healthy food and not the airport/airplane food! You are smart to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I ALWAYS pack tons of food for work. Sometimes I eat breakfast there, usually I pack lunch and two healthy snacks. My husband calls me the "Queen of Lock and Lock" containers. Have a wonderful day Alissa! This is going to be a good year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your coworker must be a bird, because that is NOT a lot of food. Don't you just hate it when people are so nosy about what you're eating??

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks great and sooo much healthy food! I need to take more snacks with me, so you've helped pushed me towards that. Don't listen to people who don't know what they are talking about :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your lunch looks delicious!! I always pack a ton of food too- I have to make sure I eat it though! My coworkers usually go out to lunch as a group so sometimes it's hard to stay behind. I'll usually plan for one day a week to go out to eat with them so I stay on track.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...