SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Self-control and Scheduling Workouts

I just wanted to check in and say that I am still on track. By on track, I mean that I’m still within my flex points. I’m actually in a really good condition with MOST of them left so far.

I’m still struggling with the “denying myself” part of weight loss. If I want something, I eat it. Maybe not all of it, or maybe not five of them, but I have forgotten what it means to say, “No, I don’t need that.” I could use a little more self-control, whether I’m within my points or not.

My friend sold hubby and me her used elliptical for $25! A Great deal! So now I have an elliptical, a treadmill, a bike and free weights. I also have countless workout DVDs. There is NO reason not to exercise.

I bought a daily planner because I am still struggling with time management. I’m really good at getting my work done, getting supper ready, and taking care of EVERYTHING else, except for my exercise. So the plan is that I literally plan every hour of my day out. I’m hoping this works and that seeing my day written out will help me carve out time to exercise.

How is your journey going?

7 comments :

  1. I struggle with denying myself as well. I've started telling myself that if I really want it tomorrow, I can have it. That way I have something to look forward to, and I don't feel denied. Or, if it's a 'now' type of thing, I ask hubby to share and we take a few bites. Icecream is my weakness right now. So I promise myself that if I'm still craving it tomorrow, we'll go get some. I don't keep it in the house because of that reason. So I still win and get it, just not as often.

    Stay strong, you'll get there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me denying is the hardest thing. If I can make it 3 full days, I can usually make it to the 21 days they say you need in order to make it a habit, but if I cheat just once. well that's it. GL. Planning things out will be a great thing to do! I try to workout and watch my favorite TV shows. It helps me for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm bad about scheduling my exercise too unless I have a class to go to and then I'm there with bells on. If I could afford a class five or six days a week, I'd have it made. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm doing well, thanks for asking.
    Day 30 on the 50 daysno sugar challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I struggle with denying myself stuff too. I hate feeling deprived. And I get so bitter if other people are eating chips and guacamole or chocolate desserts or something and I "can't" have any. Ugh. I am working on that too.

    As far as my journey... it's going. I'm just starting to get back in the swing of things and get that motivation and willpower back. Wish me luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Alissa. YAY for the eliptical. You have a full fledged gym at your fingertips!!! Hope you have a GREAT week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So have new daily planner where scheduling out my days. hope to have more picture posts this week.


    Lån Penge Online

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...