SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

In this heat?

So I’m running a 5K tomorrow. This is the forecast…

image

Are you sweating already!? Ooftah!

I haven’t run over 2 miles in quite a while…and haven’t been running very regularly either. So this is going to be a challenge. I have no doubt I can finish. I ran 2 miles last week at a good pace, I’m sure I can run another extra mile…but the heat will be a killer!

I think it’ll be good for me to get out there and participate in a race. I’m needing the motivation. I always love an organized race.

I hope that I can run it at least as fast as I did last year, which was 37:26. But with the heat, I don’t know. That’s about my average pace though. It really depends on the day, but I often run miles around the 11:00+ range lately.

This year will be the 3rd time I’ve participated in this race, and also marks the 3rd anniversary of my very first 5K. The first time, I ran it in 42:21. The fact that I am still at it should encourage me to keep going.

Do you have a race planned for the 4th of July? Good luck!!

4 comments :

  1. I know nothing about running but I know it's important to drink plenty of water when you're out in the heat. Good luck with your race and have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be careful! Your body may buck because of the heat. Please stay hydrated and listen to your body. You can finish, but please be careful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ug. That IS hot. Good luck on the race Alissa, and happy July 4th to you and your hubby.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...