SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Day 4

Today was another good day! It feels much easier to stay on track. Hubby mentioned that he can tell I’ve gotten smaller already. I think I lost that “bloat”. I know I feel smaller too. Such a good feeling!

I went grocery shopping today. I am working on a couple of things.

First, I did not buy any light yogurt this time. I stood in front of the yogurt selection for the longest time contemplating what to buy. I’m trying to get away from artificial sweeteners, not ENTIRELY, so you may see some of those products from time to time. But I’m trying to replace products that I frequently use with products that do not have artificial sweeteners. I settled on Chobani 0% vanilla. I figure a little of that stuff goes a long way. And 0% plain Greek yogurt has been a staple in the house for some time now.

Second, I made sure to buy only products that listed they were whole wheat or whole grain, with the exception of one product I wanted to try that is made out of potato flour, is that bad for you? The meeting with the dietician made me realize that grains and carbs do not need to be eliminated, but I should be choosing QUALITY carbs. So I’m going to try to do a better job at that.

I spent about $12 on bing cherries. They are PERFECT right now. My “go to” snack has been popcorn and bing cherries. It’s so satisfying. And cherries are SO good for you!

I had a nice big salad with lettuce from the garden tonight. I often try to eat one big salad each day just to make sure I get my veggies in. Tonight, it was a taco salad. I also made kale chips with my lunch. Superb!

Hubby and I are getting ready to go for a walk. Thankfully, it has cooled down significantly and will only be in the 80’s this week! Whew! Feels like a cold front!

4 comments :

  1. Feeling smaller is such an awesome feeling, I found the moment I got back on track I felt that way as well - I questioned if it was in my head as not climbed on the scale yet ( as u know, lol )
    I cannot tell u how much I miss the 2% Greek yogurt here, it was perfect and now can no longer find it. :( love Greek yogurt as has no sweetners in them.
    I don't eat gluten ( again as u know ) but do get my carbs from fruit and veggies...I was surprised to see that broccoli and cauliflower had carbs in them.....never knew!
    You sound so much happier.....so happy for you! You doing amazingly, keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY.
    youre doing awesome.


    MizFit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you tried Oikos yogurt? I like it so much better than Chobani.

    You are doing awesome!! Keep up your hard work :)

    Jen@HealthyFoodandFamily

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...