SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Frustrated with Myself

I had a good day yesterday, but my evening wasn’t so great. I ended up eating some chocolate…and then felt terrible for it. Hubby has since hid the chocolate.

I weighed this morning and am back up to where I started!! Who knows what I weighed yesterday…ugh.

Why is it that something always comes up to derail my weight loss? I need to learn to roll with the punches a lot better.

But I’m not going to stop blogging about it this time just because I’m having a hard time and not being very successful at the moment.

For breakfast, I ate an egg sandwich with a bowl of fruit and skim milk.

July17Food 001

While working, I sipped on an iced latte.

July17Food 002

On my break, I ate a light string cheese.

July17Food 003

My FIL gave us a big cabbage from their garden and I had it sitting on the counter. When we came downstairs this morning, there were all of these little tiny dots by the cabbage. I wasn’t sure what it was, so I cleaned them all up. Later on in the morning, I noticed more little dots.

July17Food 005

So I peeled off the first layer and look what I found.

July17Food 004

Ewwww!! Not sure if the little dots were from that little guy or what? I love fresh garden produce but finding bugs just grosses me out.

If we’re slow at work and we have all of our work done, we’re free to spend the time as we choose. Since I work from home, I get to do things like fold laundry.

July17Food 007

I love being able to work from home!!

For lunch, I ate tomato sandwiches on light bread with light miracle whip.

July17Food 008

Yummy! These are our first home grown tomatoes from the in law’s garden.

I also ate sliced Missouri peaches.

July17Food 009

After lunch, I worked for a couple of hours for job #2. I am happy with what I got accomplished today!

For a snack, I ate a small apple with PB.

July17Food 010

I was still hungry, so I ate some Special K wheat crackers.

July17Food 011

For supper, I made scalloped cabbage and ate that with 1/4 cup light cottage cheese and a slice of light bread with a little chocolate PB.

July17Food 012

I was out of points, but ate vanilla ice cream anyways. Forgot to take a picture of it. If I hadn’t eaten all of my weekly points over the weekend, I’d be ok right now… I can’t wait for Thursday to get here so I can just start fresh. I can’t seem to get it together. I am so frustrated with myself. Sad smile

Tonight, we really are going to the pool. Last night, I wasn’t in the mood to do anything so I went to bed early. I will make myself swim laps.

Marcelle asked if I drink water. I drink TONS of water. At least 9 cups of pure water a day, usually more.

I’m just hoping that my issues are hormone related and I’ll wake up tomorrow feeling myself again, and my weight will drop right back off. It’s probable that’s the issue—but it doesn’t help when I don’t eat perfectly either!

How’s your week going?

13 comments :

  1. Hi Alissa, dont get discouraged, its a process and all a part of the journey. Keep up the positive vibes and you will win on the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alissa, dont get discouraged, its a process and all a part of the journey. Keep up the positive vibes and you will win on the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alissa, dont get discouraged, its a process and all a part of the journey. Keep up the positive vibes and you will win on the end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alissa, dont get discouraged, its a process and all a part of the journey. Keep up the positive vibes and you will win on the end.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does blogging your food help keep you accountable? If so, it might be good to try blogging the previous day's meals in the morning, which would include everything you had after dinner and at night. Maybe that will help give you a bit more impetus to stay on track?

    It does seem you have some mental block that is sabotaging you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel hesitant to say anything, but try googling sugar sensitivity. A friend of mine pointed it out to me recently. I'm not saying you have it or I have it, but I know I could definitely relate to what I was reading. For me, one dessert leads to another dessert. I guess lots of people only have dessert once a week or so. I seem to think there is a NEED for at least one dessert (sometimes two) every day. Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's great that you are working at getting back on track. You remind me a lot of myself - maybe something more strict that WW is what you need to get kick started?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for answering my question. As I told you water is my struggle! :(
    I've been cutting back my sugar daily to 30g and under and also struggling to drop those extra kgs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good job staying accountable and blogging about it even when you encounter a minor setback! You can do this!

    Food looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hang in there Alissa. We're here for you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I struggle so much in the evenings. I literally after lunch have to plan every bite for the rest of the day or I will blow it once my kids are in bed. Usually I save a treat for the evening. (A good one. Like ice cream!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. eww bugs always gross me out too- especially in my food!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simple habits you can get dramatic results that are not achievable through diet and exercise alone. No diet and exercise plans, no pills, no hype and no phony promises. It's simple, it's easy and it




    Bingo Bonus

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...