SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Reunited with Joe

Last night I had one of the worst headaches I’ve had in a long time. Thankfully, after a good night’s sleep it was much better when I woke up this morning.

I was a little stressed out this morning because I had a big midterm test that I wanted to do well on. I started studying over the weekend, so I was prepared.

For breakfast, I had an egg sandwich on a light english muffin with laughing cow, deli turkey, and egg white beaters along with a bowl of fruit and a glass of milk for 9 points.

101311 001

And for the first time in about a week, I drank regular coffee with creamer for 1 point.

101311 002

Caffeine is really like a drug, isn’t it? My heart started beating faster when I poured my cup of Joe in anticipation for how I knew it would make me feel. Maybe I just love coffee too much. lol

It was either stress or the coffee, but my BP was definitely raised this morning. I will drink regular coffee tomorrow and see how it compares.

And then it was time to study! I studied and studied and studied. I produced a couple of study guides so I felt very organized and put together. But you just never know what the actual test will be like until you have it right in front of you.

I think I did ok on the test. There was a term section where we weren’t given a list of terms but had to identify them and I know I didn’t do 100% on that. But the part of the test that was worth the most points was essay—and I can rock essays. Winking smile It’s what I do. So I’m hoping that I can make up for it with that portion of the test!

I got out of that class a little early, so I went to the Union in search of something healthy to keep me from starving  being hungry after classes were over. I decided on a veggie tray with dill dip. I am counting this as 2 points.

IMAG0118

A good and healthy choice. I was proud of myself.

And I also ate a Fiber One Chewy Bar for 2 points.

101311 003

My last two classes went perfectly fine. My coffee this morning made me feel back to myself. I felt clear in my mind, which I haven’t felt all week. I felt really creative today and I have a couple of great ideas that I cannot wait to start! One of them has to do with this blog—but will take some time so I’m not sure I will start that now or when I’m done with school. Yippee!

On my way home, I stopped at McDonald’s and got a diet Coke for 0 points.

IMAG0119

The other day I was at Wal-Mart and overheard a woman talking to someone else about childhood obesity and she said, “It’s not he parent’s fault—it’s McDonald’s fault!” I hope she didn’t hear the loud guffaw in my mind. You’ve got to be kidding me. First of all, kids do not have money. Parents do. And second of all, no one said you HAVE to take your kids to McDonald’s all of the time. And McDonald’s offers a lot of healthy options these days—it’s NOT McDonald’s fault. It’s the choices that YOU make when you eat there.

And I ate a light cheese stick for 1 point.

101311 005

For supper, I had stuffed clams, roasted potatoes, and a side salad for 10 points.

101311 006

For dessert, I had a Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich for 4 points.

101311 007

That leaves me with 3 points left for the day. Perfect!

After letting supper settle, hubby and I headed out for a run. We ran 2 miles straight and walked .83 in 43:42. I wanted to run 2 miles, so I took it a little easier and had very slow miles, almost 14 minutes each. But I also haven’t run over a mile in quite a while. So instead of focusing on how slow I was, I decided to just congratulate myself on completing 2 miles. I burned 411 calories. I’ll take that any day!

Have you entered my giveaway? Remember, you can tweet about it everyday and earn additional entries!

3 comments :

  1. I gave up coffee for a whole week once. I SWEAR it was the most miserable week of my life.

    I felt down, lethargic and I was so glad when that personal challenge was over.

    Well done on the running.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's McDonald's fault?! UH No. Seriously, that pisses me so bad. I have 3 kids, I'll admit we've had our fair share of fast food, but it's up to my husband and I what they get there when/if we do go. They can have a burger with apples and a milk or even the nuggets with apples and a milk. My daughter doesn't like milk with her meals, so she chooses water instead. EVERYONE has a choice, you can't blame restaurants for bad choices others make!!!

    Off my soapbox now ;)

    Jen@FoodFamilyFitness

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just joined WW today because I keep seeing your blog and thinking about how much i want to. so I finally did. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...