SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Feeling Stressed

I can’t believe what a beautiful day it was today! It was a warm day—78 degrees predicted! I was happy to break out my short sleeves and flip flips again, even if it was just for one more day!

For breakfast this morning, I had oatmeal with 1/2 a peach for 4 points. I’m so disappointed because I was in a rush and forgot to add my milled flax seed!

102511 001

We were pretty much out of fruits, veggies, and milk as of this morning. Time to get groceries!

While working on homework, I sipped on a coffee with SF hazelnut creamer for 1 point.

102511 002

For my “brunch” I ate an egg sandwich—which was the most delicious sandwich I have eaten in a long time. It was sooo good. I don’t know why it was any different than the egg sandwiches I usually eat, but today It was especially delicious. lol I also had some grapes for a total of 6 points.

102511 007

Pure deliciousness. I tell ya. Winking smile

And then it was off to school! Today went just fine. I got one of my midterm’s back and got an 88%. I was hoping for an A and I was 2 points short. Sad smile But it’s still an ok grade, just makes me nervous because I really want an A in the class!

Before my second class, I ate 1/2 cup Cheerios for 1 point.

102511 003

And before my last class, I ate a Fiber One Chewy Bar for 2 points.

102511 006

After class, I had quite a few errands to run, including picking up tickets, stopping at the bank, buying my brother’s birthday gift, getting gas, and getting some groceries. While driving, I ate a WW light cheese stick for 1 point.

102511 005

I missed my banana this morning, so I made sure to pick some up at the grocery store. I ate one on my way home for 0 points.

IMAG0133

And also ate baby carrots for 0 points.

102511 004

After putting the groceries away, I was still so hungry! I snacked on peanuts and candy corn for 3 points. One of my FAVORITE fall snacks, but I have to practice portion control with these!

102511 008

For supper, I ate steamed broccoli, roasted potatoes and salmon for 8 points.

102511 009

Those potatoes are simply fantastic. Whenever I plan baked salmon for supper, I never look forward to the meal. It’s not that I don’t like salmon, but the quick and easy way for me to bake it isn’t all that tasty. But if I add the potatoes—then I’m all excited about the meal again. They are just SO good. I will have to post a recipe for how I make them. I have finally gotten the process down to a T. Perfect potatoes every single time.Smile

For dessert, I made cook and serve Tapioca. SO delicious! I know you would LOVE this, Mom! Smile 2 points.

102511 010

I have 4 points left for the day, but I really shouldn’t have any because I had a few too many extra bites today. Get it together, Alissa! It seems like far too many days are like that lately.

I am feeling overwhelmed and stressed lately! I have had some big papers, tests, etc. in the last few weeks and I have 2 more big papers before I can breathe a sigh of relief and then start stressing on my final projects. I have a plan, so I need to just calm down!! I set aside time to work on projects and papers and then I keep thinking about having to get them done and I stress out about it—even though I know I have it all under control. But this is my last semester for a while. I will have my bachelors degree, take a semester off, and think about going back for my masters and if it’s a good plan for me. There is an end in sight!

*Deep Breath*

6 comments :

  1. Just one step at a time and you will get through the stressful stuff! Make sure you schedule in a little "you" time to help keep yourself refreshed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your stress :) I have a 30 pg paper for one class; and a 10 pg paper for another; and a directed study I haven't even started.

    I've found exercise to be a HUGE stress relief for me. Over the past 3-4 months, I've remained consistent with my workouts, but I haven't been pushing myself as hard as I need to be. I started boot camp on Friday - it happens to be at the same time was walk/running in the same place (outdoors!).

    It would be easy for make an excuse and say I didn't have time (FT job; 3 classes; and mom/wife) - but I have to make time even if it is at 530a!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it funny how something we always have can sometimes just seem SO amazing! haha. It was nice here in TN today, too! Loved it! You do need to post the recipe for those potatoes! I thought you were buying the bagged ones (Ore Ida, I think) that we used to buy constantly several years ago. They were so good. You even had me thinking I needed to start buying them again. :) Congrats on your 88%. That beats what could've been!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are definitely a busy lady and super busy can equal stress. Sounds like you plan very well though. Good luck with all your classes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry youre frazzled.

    babysteps to my goals and BREATHING is what works for me.


    MizFit

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm excited for your recipe for the roasted potatoes, I'm in need of a good one!

    Jen@FoodFamilyFitness

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...