SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, October 27, 2011

A Productive Day

First, I want to say thank you, from the bottom of my heart, to all of you who commented on yesterday’s post. Your comments really touched me and your words meant so much to me. They really gave me some things to think about, and I know some posts will come out of them. So thank you. You are all wonderful. Smile

Good news! Yesterday was successful! I didn’t use any weekly points, but hit my target! Whoohoo! Open-mouthed smile

For breakfast this morning, I had light toast topped with PB and a sliced banana along with a glass of milk for 5 points.

IMAG0135

I look forward to my glass of cold milk in the morning. Love it.

After hubby left, it was time to buckle down and write a paper that was due today! I sipped on hazelnut coffee with SF hazelnut creamer for 1 point.

102711 001

I worked on my paper all morning and it was a HUGE relief when I was done. I have been stressing about this paper for weeks and finally found the time to get it finished!

I had a few minutes before I had to get ready for school, so I took some time to read blogs. I REALLLLY miss reading blogs. I try to read a few when I can.

I snacked on 1 cup of grapes and a WW light cheese stick for 1 point. I really love the new WW Smoked string cheese! YUMM!

102711 002

I was really hungry on my way to class, so I stopped and got a Naked Mighty Mango. I had just a few sips, 1/4 of the bottle, but it was just enough to take away my hunger. I also filled up on water. What I drank of the Naked was 2 points.

IMAG0136

I only had one class today, the one I had to turn my paper in at. My second class was canceled and we were supposed to have a speaker at my third class who canceled so the professor was going to call it a work day. I had my class projects done, so I asked him if I could just go home and work on my paper instead and he said that was fine ONLY since I said I would work on my paper. lol Any extra time is SO valuable!

I had a headache, so I thought I should probably eat something after class, so I got a 6” turkey and ham sub at Subway for 7 points.

IMAG0137

AnyTober is almost over at Subway, but I loved that I could buy a foot long for $5 and then bring a 6” home for hubby’s lunch tomorrow. What a great deal! And thanks to my sister for the gift card! Smile

Instead of getting baked chips, I decided to try a bag of Snapz. 1 point.

IMAG0138

I honestly didn’t know if I really needed to count these at all since fruit is free. The only ingredients are apples and lemon juice. I looked on the WW message boards and someone asked this question and the reply was that you do need to count the points because they are considered a dried fruit. They’re still worth only 1 point!

IMAG0140

Yeh, pretty healthy! It was perfect for my dessert after my sub and I saved a quite few points.

I had to run in to Wal-Mart to grab some shampoo, amongst other things. I have been looking for a really good shampoo. I tried an organic shampoo and I liked it better than the Herbal Essences I was using, but I wasn’t thrilled with it. This time, I am trying Suave Professionals because my sister says she really likes it. I’m not a fan at all of the standard 98 cent Suave product, so hopefully I like this! Any recommendations? I have dry hair, so I need something moisturizing. My sister also bought me this leave in conditioner called It’s a 10 that helps A TON. Absolutely LOVE it. Now I just need to find a shampoo that does my hair good too!

One of the reasons I stopped at Wal-Mart is because one of my all time favorite singers came out with a new album, which he hasn’t done in years. I grew up listening to him and he has just grown on me. He is my Mom’s favorite singer and my Dad loves him too—so we listened to him in the mini-van a lot! Winking smileI think he is one of the most talented artists out there. So if you’ve never heard him before, let me present—Vince Gill! Smile This song is beautiful. And if you don’t like country music, you might like the words.

Vince Gill

So I picked up this album so that hubby and I can both put it on our iPods. I enjoyed listening to it on my way home! Someday, we are going to go to Nashville and see this fabulous man play at The Grand Old Opry. I saw him when I was a child, but that was a long time ago!

Once I got home, I wanted to hold true to my promise and ACTUALLY work on my paper. Winking smileSo that’s what I did. This paper took a bit to actually get my head wrapped around. It took me 30 minutes just to come up with a thesis. But anyone who writes knows that once you have that down, it’s pretty easy going from there. So once my plan was in place, I stopped for a moment to enjoy a Lindt Truffle for 2 points.

102711 003

I ended up working on the paper for 3 1/2 hours and I actually finished it!! I was so happy! I wasn’t planning on working on this paper until Saturday, so this extra time that I had today was FABULOUS! I am OFFICIALLY done with the stressful projects I’ve been working on! And now it will be time to start thinking about finals. Eek! One of the biggest lessons I have learned in college is time management—a very valuable skill!

For supper, I made baked tenderized round with veggies (carrots, onions and mushrooms). This was the first time I’ve ever baked these. I cooked them too long. I thought they were dry, but hubby liked them! I also had mashed potatoes that I made out of baked potatoes and added a little bit of milk to. They were delish! 7 point supper. I had planned on having a bunch of veggies tonight but they really cooked down and it didn’t look like much!

102711 004

I made Cook’n Serve FF/SF pudding for dessert for 2 points.

102711 005

I am HOOKED on that stuff now. SO good and so satisfying!

I have 4 points left for the day, which is just perfect. Last night I had healthy pop popcorn and it helped keep me from doing any other snacking because it filled me up. If I’m hungry tonight, I will do the same thing.

Hubby and I are getting ready to head out the door for a walk! I enjoy the fall walks in the crisp evening air, hand in hand with my hubby! Smile

4 comments :

  1. Congrats on having all of the stressful projects done, such a great feeling!! UGH. I hate milk, like can't stand drinking it. I know I need to, but I just can't make myself do it!!

    Jen@FoodFamilyFitness

    ReplyDelete
  2. annnnnnnnnnnd Im exhausted just reading about your day.
    and remembering I, too, need to git me to the Mart of the Wall.

    MizFit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that pudding an individual serving that you fix or a whole box and you are just showing your serving? Sometimes I make Jello pudding, but I would rather just make 1 serving at a time instead of being committed to it for 4 days in a row. Did this question make any sense?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay you Alissa, must feel really good to get those projects behind you. I'm a Vince Gill fan too...have a fantastic Friday.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...