SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, October 21, 2011

5th Wedding Anniversary Post—Then and Now with Pictures!

Today hubby and I celebrate our five year anniversary. I love him even more today than I did on the day I married him. How I ever got so lucky to find a man like him, who loves me unconditionally, I’ll never know. But I am blessed. These have been, by far, the best five years of my life. It has just gotten better with each year! I Love you!!! I cannot wait to see what the next five years bring us!

I thought I would share a few pictures of our wedding day.

974101-R1-18-6A_019

974100-R1-18-6A_019

974102-R1-12-13A_013

Ok, now some of these pictures I am picking for a purpose and not because I like them! Winking smile This is a weight loss blog, after all! I’m just amazed at how different we both look.

974102-R1-18-19A_019

I felt beautiful on that day. My dress was absolutely gorgeous. Looking back at these pictures is bittersweet. It will always be a treasured day but sometimes I wish I could do it all again and feel truly good about myself so that I could look back on the photos and not be embarrassed at what I see. Amazingly, I was still almost 30 lbs. lighter than my heaviest weight on this date. I packed on 26 more lbs. after we got married.

974200-R1-08-16A_009

974200-R1-22-2A_023

974200-R1-12-12A_013

A lot has changed in the past 5 years! There are four more little ones that would be pictured today! SmileAs you can see, my sister in law, my maid of honor, was very pregnant!

974178-R1-09-15A_010

974178-R1-14-10A_015

But you can still see the joy in the photos.

974103-R1-05-6A_006

974103-R1-08-9A_009

974103-R1-17-18A_018

974112-R1-22-23A_023

And some pictures make me sad—like this one. My Grandma passed away in the past five years and my Grandpa is slowly withering away.

974107-R1-18-19A_019974107-R1-22-23A_023

974107-R1-19-20A_020

He still gives me kisses like this every day. Smile

974200-R1-11-13A_012

Well, I couldn’t resist trying on that wedding dress that has been hanging in our bedroom for five years and I STILL haven’t gotten it dry cleaned and packed away. Whoops!

I was amazed at the difference:

5years 031

These sleeves were SO tight on our wedding day.

5years 032

5years 034

I was literally stuffed in this dress on our wedding day. It’s amazing the difference!

5years 029

It really was a beautiful dress though. I still felt like a princess when I put that dress on! Smile

image

5years 046

Such a huge difference. And I can’t wait to see what more pounds lost will do!

Hubby has really toned since then too!

imageimage

I’m very proud of you, hunnie!!

I cannot wait to spend the rest of Forever with this man!! Happy Anniversary to us!! Red heart

14 comments :

  1. What an amazing difference! You did look beautiful though, you were glowing with happiness! :)
    It was funny, I ended up getting married after I'd lost 100 pounds and was at goal, but to the same girl I had been with at my heaviest. It's amazing how they can see the beauty inside when sometimes even we ourselves can't. Anyways, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were a beautiful bride, then and now! My mother said that happy couple are always newlyweds :D

    Congratulations on 5 years!

    I tried my dress on as well and it just is piles and pile of fabric that doesn't fit LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, that is AMAZING! I love the last 2 face pics you posted. It's unreal. My wedding day memories are bittersweet for the flip side - I was thin and "perfect," and now I'm 40 something pounds heavier with stretch marks and varicose veins. LOL

    HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Time will just fly by from here on out. We just celebrated 12 years and it seems so unreal... like where did half of that go?

    Your wedding day looked so nice, and I love your ringlet curls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww girlie, you guys are SO CUTE!! Happy Anniversary!! Our 5 year anniversary is in less than a month!!! Ugh I was skinner then though!! LOL But you are truely amazing. That is an awesome accomplishment! You looked amazing then and you look amazing now. Congrats!!! Go make you some babies now! heheeh

    ReplyDelete
  5. You looked beautiful 5yrs ago, and beautiful now! You should be so proud of your accomplishments, what a differance!! Congrats on 5yrs, and I wish you a life time more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's always good to have a piece of clothing in which you can measure the difference. You have done so well. Happy Anniversary.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You two make a beautiful couple! Happy anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary!!! Oh goodness, my dress was a size 4, pretty sure I'll never be getting back into that one!

    Jen@FoodFamilyFitness

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary! Congrats to you both

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow beautiful then and beautiful now!!!
    Happy anniversary :)
    You have come a long way :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful then and now! Must have felt great to see the success in that dress though. Awesome job! what a beautiful couple and yes, you both look great and have really done well.

    Happy Anniversary to you both :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous wedding and you were a BEAUTIFUL bride! But WOW! What a difference! You are doing amazing! What inspiration! (as I limp back to the bedroom after week 2 of the couch to 5k.)

    ReplyDelete
  13. love love love this and THANK YOU for sharing.

    MizFit

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww....I am so late to this party. You looked BEAUTIFUL on your wedding day, and you are BEAUTIFUL today. Love the trying on of the dress and the difference in how you fit. Amazing. You are an inspiration. Happy Anniversary to you both!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...