SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, October 31, 2011

A Halloween Post

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

Our town had trick or treating last night. We had quite a few kids! They were sooo cute! Well, except the teenagers who didn’t even bother wearing a costume. Winking smile Time to get a job and buy your own candy! lol.

I put on some cat ears, but we didn’t really dress up this year! I’d love to have a Halloween costume party some year. It’d be so much fun!

103111 001

Scared? lol

I hope you had a good weekend! I know that we did! Saturday, I spent the day doing homework and housework. Hubby kept busy, he always keeps busy. Always on the go! Saturday evening, we enjoyed dinner out at a “new to us” restaurant. We had pizza. I had one slice and it was delicious. I tried to be very mindful this weekend. And while I wasn’t perfect, I definitely enjoyed life (including some Halloween candy) but counted every single point and made decisions throughout the day to plan for it.

After our supper, we went to see My Fair Lady, a Broadway production. It’s based on one of my favorite plays by George Bernard Shaw—Pygmalion. That was the play that really got me started thinking about becoming an English major my senior year of high school. So it was really cool to see it. I LOVED it. So good!

After that fun weekend, it was hard to get started this morning. For breakfast, I had Cheerios with a sliced banana and milk for 4 points.

103111 002

While working, I sipped on some new coffee that I purchased a while back. It is orange flavored. The beans came within little chunks of dried oranges:

103111 006

I wasn’t sure if I was going to like this, but I drank it with FF French Vanilla creamer and it was SO good. Very different and tasty! 1 point.

103111 007

On my first break, I ate a WW light string cheese for 1 point. I tried to take a picture with something Halloween-ish for each photo.

103111 008

If you are on WW, you may know that WW has teamed up with Dr. Oz for Transformation Nation—Million Dollar You. I decided to sign up to see what it was all about today. You take a short quiz about your health and I was happy to see I got 4 stars! Very cool.

image

Looking at the information, it looks like you just have to stop in and get a verified weigh in at WW to be able to participate and be entered in to win 1 million dollars. I just might do that! Anyone else participating? I’m not 100% sure I will be able to because I haven’t looked into it that much yet.

For lunch, I ate a salad with lettuce, tomatoes, mushrooms, deli turkey, pecans, gorgonzola cheese and pear vinaigrette for 5 points.

103111 010

This has been my “BBQ chicken salad” lately—I eat something similar almost everyday.

And since it IS Halloween after all, I ate a Reese’s peanut butter cup for 2 points.

103111 011

On my break, I ate an apple with PB for 3 points.

103111 012

On my last break, I ate 1/2 oz. each of candy corn and peanuts for 3 points.

103111 013

I got off of work about 45 minutes early, so I headed outside for a walk. I walked my 1.55 mile loop in 27 minutes and burned 155 calories.

I made the switch to my new Progesterone only BC pill yesterday and I’ve had headaches and felt achy, etc. But I’m supposed to give it some time for my body to adjust and hopefully this will help my blood pressure. In the mean time, I will keep at my healthy living, eating right and exercising. I need to exercise harder but I feel that anything I can do to get moving is better than nothing and sometimes I find it so hard to get motivated to get out there when I’m not feeling well or I’m really tired.

I wanted to make something Halloween-ish for supper, so I found this idea online. I made Mummy dogs! And I’m actually going to make them like this again, minus the eyes, because it cuts down on the points! I also had green beans and roasted potatoes for a total of 11 points.

103111 019

103111 020

I finished it up with FF Cook-n-Serve chocolate pudding for 2 points.

103111 021

That puts me right at goal for the day. So overall, it was a good day. I may eat some popcorn if I get hungry later.

What did you dress up for Halloween as?

9 comments :

  1. No dressing up for me, but I bought tons of candy for my students. I will have a few trick or treaters at my house, but not many. I like the Missouri sweatshirt:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No dressing up here either! No trick or treaters because I live in a very rural area. Those mummy dogs are too cute!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always laugh but halloween is the one day a year I DONT dress up :)


    MizFit

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was a panda this weekend. Pretty simple, costume.

    I mostly lurk here, but I saw you wearing a Mizzou hoodie and it made me smile. As a Mizzou alum (and current employee) I'm always happy to see Tiger spirit! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you had a happy Halloween! Those mummy hot dogs are way too cute!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Alissa, I LOVE your halloween accessories on the post. (I'm so behind in my blog reading..only catching up now) Happy Wednesday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! Love the Halloween on each post! Can you pretty please post your recipe for roasted potatoes? They look SO good!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...