SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

From NO Motivation to Motivated Again

For breakfast this morning, I had oatmeal with 1 Tbs. milled flax seed with berry pieces along with peaches and a glass of milk for 9 points.

5years 017

While working on homework, I sipped on coffee with creamer for 1 point.

5years 018

For my early lunch, I ate an egg white beaters sandwich for 7 points.

5years 022

And then I headed to class. One of my major papers that was due on Thursday got postponed until next week. What a relief!! I also met with the Records Analyst who said I was good to graduate! (but also was confused by something but said she’d figure it out…let’s hope it’s nothing!)

I drank 1/2 bottle of Naked Strawberry Banana for 3 points.IMAG0123

Before my second class, I ate a Fiber One Chewy Bar for 2 points.

5years 019

After class, I ran a few errands—including picking up this shirt:

5years 025

My co-worker is moving to South Carolina, so a few of us are having a little get together for her Thursday night. Someone suggested we all get her some corny Iowa trinkets to help remember us. I thought this shirt was perfect for the situation. lol.

While running errands, I ate an apple for 0 points.

5years 020

And a light cheese stick for 1 point.

5years 021

I got groceries and then headed home. I am STRUGGLING with my eating. This started on Sunday afternoon and has continued up to today. I grabbed a diet Pepsi and some nuts to eat on the way home because I was SO hungry. 5 points.

IMAG0124

I seriously drink just a couple of sips and then put it in the fridge for hubby. But the nuts helped fill me up. The problem is, I didn’t have that many points to work with. My school day schedule just messes me all up eating wise. I eat a lot in the morning which keeps me full through school, but then I’m STARVING after school and have hours before supper time.

I also grabbed a bag of these at the grocery store:

5years 023

What can I say? I am so weak lately!! But you know what, I got home, thought about what I was doing and I put them in the cupboard and didn’t eat any. So for that, I am proud of myself. I asked hubby to hide them from me and so he made all kinds of noises in the kitchen so I wouldn’t be able to guess where they’re at. lol Winking smile

I called my doctor to find out about my blood work and they said they had mailed me a letter a week ago, which I haven’t received yet. But my cholesterol was 152 and blood sugar was 88. So I am healthy!! All was normal. Yay! That’s a relief to know that. SmileI really should have had those same tests done before I started this journey—I wonder if those numbers have improved?

For supper, I made creamed chicken over light bread along with squash, tomatoes and broccoli for 6 points.

5years 026

I finished it up with Blue Bunny No Sugar Added Bunny Tracks for 4 points.

5years 027

It was totally a comfort food meal done healthy. I used the Healthy Request cream of chicken soup to make it, along with 1% milk—so there’s really not much to it! Plus, I was able to throw everything in the crock pot and be done with it. I Love meals like that! It felt great to get in some veggies today. We REALLY needed groceries!

After letting supper settle, I hopped on the treadmill for a workout. I walked .25 to both warm up and cool down. I ran 1 mile straight in 11:45—that’s a fast time for me! I haven’t been on the treadmill for a long time and I am happy to say that I now run comfortably at 5 mph. Last time I ran on the treadmill, I was comfortable at about 4.5 mph. Yay! Slow improvements! I burned 249 calories. I read WW magazine while running and it was just what I needed to get my motivation back! Hubby snapped a picture of me running. So here’s proof! hehe I love that I don’t look at myself at hate what I see as much as I used to. Of course, my eyes immediately focus on the parts of me that I don’t like, but I can also point out positive things too. And that’s worth so much more than any number on the scale.

5years 054

I also tried on an old dress from 5 years ago and that was SO MOTIVATING TO ME!! I am really excited for Friday’s post!! So make sure to stay tuned for that!

So basically I went from no motivation at all today to being super motivated. A fabulous feeling.

5 comments :

  1. This is just what I needed to read today. I've lost a lot of motivation and need to get it back. Keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to put those peanut M&Ms away!! I also love your pink shoelaces on the treadmill ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look awesome in your running pic!!! Look at the muscles in your legs! Awesome! And Yay for hubby hiding the M&Ms :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that not the best feeling to try on old clothes. I have some..well almost all my old clothes.They just swim on me. So really look like bags. So when I am feeling a loss of motivation it really gets me going again to see how things will fit 30 pounds from now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Alissa, your renewed motivation is motivation for me - 'cause I've been struggling lately too! Thank you for this!!! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...