SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

My Life Revolves Around a Paper

Hello everyone! I got an email from my professor last night saying that my first class was canceled- I couldn’t have been happier! I slept a little bit later because of that, but not much- I had to get up and start working on a research paper that is due on Thursday- I hadn’t even started researching or writing it yet! Ahhhh! Stress!

For breakfast, I decided to try something new with my oatmeal. I had 1 cup of oatmeal with 1/8 tsp. cinnamon and a packet of sweet and low  mixed in. I sliced a small banana on top and topped it off with 1 Tbs. of sliced almonds. I really liked this combination! I also had 1 cup of 1% milk for a total of 6.5 points.

110910 001

I spent the morning writing my research paper. I completed 1 page! Yay! That was a huge stress relief for me to at least get started and realize that I’ll be able to finish it in time. There’s something about research and writing that I love. The time just flies by when I do it- I know, I’m a nerd. Winking smile If only I could find a job like that! Writing is something that I really love to do. I’d love to be able to research and write articles or whatever. Anyone want to hire me? lol

On the way to school, I drank a strawberry smoothie made up of 1/2 cup of light vanilla yogurt, 1 cup of strawberries and ice for 2 points.

110910 004

It was such a nice day today! By the time I got done with school it was 71* outside! You can’t beat that for November weather! I was glad that I grabbed a pair of flip flops before leaving this morning.

After class, I headed to Subway to pick up my lunch. I had my usual 6” Turkey and Ham with baked BBQ Lays for 8 points. I almost always get the same thing- do you?

110910 006

And then it was grocery shopping time. I love going grocery shopping. Today went even better because while I was there Darci tweeted me to tell me I won her giveaway! How exciting!! Here are a few of my favorite finds today:

110910 009

I also got a Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Larabar, which I ate 1/2 of on the way home for 2.5 points. WOW- this was REALLY GOOD!

110910 008

After I got home, got the groceries put away, and had a little time to relax, I got right back to writing that research paper. While working on that, I sipped on some Breakfast Blend coffee flavored with FF vanilla creamer for .5 point.I guess I was anticipating it so much I forgot to take a picture!

I was hungry at like 3:00, so instead of snacking, I decided I would eat an early supper. So I ate at 4:30- way early, I know! But to me, that’s better than snacking. I felt like something simple, so I cooked up some chicken and melted a light Laughing Cow Sundried Tomato Basil cheese wedge and mixed it with the chicken. I also had 1/2 of a baked sweet potato and roasted green beans. I have been wanting to try this for so long- the results- AMAZING! It gives the green beans an all new flavor. I will definitely be doing this again! All of this was a total of 5.5 points.

110910 011

For dessert, I had a serving of FF/SF vanilla pudding for 1 point.

110910 013

After supper, I was feeling so overwhelmed with school and I had to talk to someone and get my mind off of it. So I called my sister and we talked for almost an hour! It didn’t help my paper get written but it helped me to rejuvenate for sure! I felt a lot better. Thanks Angie! Smile 

And then it was back to writing that paper!

I got a little hungry, so I had a serving of Special K multigrain crackers for 2 points. I love these things! That puts me at exactly 28 points for the day- right where I need to be!

110910 015

I thought about skipping the workout and making sure I got my paper done instead, but I thought about it and decided that exercise is a stress reliever and it would probably help me out if I did something. So I biked on the stationary bike for 30 minutes, this time I set one of the workouts that changes the resistance. I did break a sweat, but it’s just not nearly as hard as it used to be for me! I biked 7.5 miles in the 30 minutes and I burned 116 calories. So I’m glad I got some activity in- even if it wasn’t a huge calorie burn.

Tomorrow is WI day, I don’t want to come out and say I’m feeling confident, but from the way my body feels- I’m confident that it will go well. But we all know how that scale can work sometimes and I could gain 5 lbs. tomorrow morning only to lose 10 on Thursday. Winking smileBut I’m hoping for the best- I hope to meet that 70 lb goal!!

Here are my stats for the week now that I can track everything better:

Weekly Points left: 0

AP’s earned: 8.5

AP left: 2

It will be interesting to see how I do, knowing that I used all of my weekly points and most of my AP’s. A lot of times, I mess up my tracking on the weekends and I didn’t know how to track AP’s. But this week, I tracked EVERYTHING, so I know exactly what I ate and how many AP’s I earned. Wish me luck!

Now it’s back to that paper…

17 comments :

  1. Good Luck with the paper and with WI...You will do great with both! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the WI, and finishing that paper. I know you'll "ace" both of them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the paper and the weigh in!! I know how college work can be stressful! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on winning the contest! I always get the same thing at subway.....and it's the same as you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good choice at the Subway, I'd probably have that,too!
    And since I haven't had breakfast yet, I'm going to fix it like your oatmeal, sounds yummy.
    Have a great day!
    Casey

    ReplyDelete
  6. GOOOOD LUCK
    I toy with getting my PhD and then I recall how much I...did not enjoy the writing the papers :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. First of all good luck. Secondly I definitely now have a major craving for a smoothie. Might have to make one later today!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Confidence exudes from you - I think you carry it with you!
    I think I can see it from here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ugh, I don't miss writing papers at all! good luck! :)

    I'm totally craving a strawberry smoothie now...looks delish!

    Hope WI went well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy food as always :D

    Good luck with the paper!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I went on an exercise bike for 30 minutes, this time I take an exercise that will change the resistance.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its very delicious ! Yummy. I was hungry after seeing this. Its a good from you for My Life Revolves Around a Paper..

    ReplyDelete
  13. These all are looking really very yummy and delicious i really like it so much in all these there are so many things which is great to know about it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'd probably have that,too.
    And since I haven't had breakfast yet, I'm going to fix it like your oatmeal, sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. In these blog all things are looking really very delicious and also very yummy i like it so much. These all are looking really very fantastic and great.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These blog is looking really very yummy and also very delicious i like it so much in all these there are so many things which is very fantastic and great.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice blog, with very nice pics. Good luck with your paper!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...