SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, November 11, 2010

What a Day! Sniff Sniff…What’s That Smell?

I got up this morning with plenty of time to finish up some reading for a group project next week. I always get stressed out by these kinds of things so I’ll be happy when it’s over.

For breakfast, I had 1 cup of oatmeal with 1 small sliced banana on top along with 1 cup of 1% milk for 5.5 points.

111110 001

Before leaving, I made up an Orange Smoothie made up of 2 oranges, 1/2 cup of light vanilla yogurt, and ice for 3 points. Orange Julius, anyone? I forgot how good this is!

111110 002

I was running late this morning and there wasn’t a single parking spot left in the parking lot that I PAY to park in, it’s ridiculous! So I ended up parking in the 2 hr. parking, which sometimes you can get away with.

111110 004

I didn’t. $10 down the drain. Hubby will be mad at me. He hates it when I do this. lol But I can’t be late for class!

It was right about this time that I smelled a very disgusting stench and realized I forgot to put on deodorant. Wonderful! I didn’t have time to go all the way home and change my clothes, so I quickly ran into Target and armed myself with a 2-for-1 deodorant and body spray pack. Today marks my first occasion of applying deodorant in the Target bathroom. Winking smile What a day!

After that, I headed over to Subway to pick up lunch. I tried to switch it up a little today. I didn’t really feel like Subway but it felt like the healthiest choice for me. What I really wanted to do was go home- but that wasn’t an option today. So I had a 6” Subway Club on 9-grain bread along with baked BBQ Lays for 9 points.

111110 003

P.S. I didn’t add onions this time. No more foul smells needed for me today! Winking smile

I had 3 hours to kill, which was spent registering my laptop w/ the university so that I can finally access the internet while I’m on campus, reading, and researching in the library. I had to meet with my group for the project- which lasted all of 10 minutes. So much for hanging around town for so long for that- but I felt better because we got a little more organized and prepared. They did not mention that I smelled either out of politeness or I am just exaggerating. Probably the latter. Winking smile

I was exhausted by the time I finally got to leave. I stopped by Walmart to pick up some Boca Burgers that I’ve been craving FOREVER. I also got hubby his first birthday gift and did a little price shopping for something else I want to buy him. And then I headed home.

I forgot to pick up some tomatoes, so I ran in the little grocery store here in town. I had my hand on a single serving of cake at the bakery and these two little girls said, “You look really pretty in that skirt you’re wearing.” And they started a conversation with me. It was really cute. And right then and there, I put the cake back and refocused. Hubby and I want to have kids someday, and that cake wasn’t going to get me closer to that goal. I have to be healthy before we can start having children. I was thankful for those little girls! They not only saved me from an emotion induced slip up, but they made me feel good. Aren’t kids just the greatest? Smile

So I went home and made supper. I had a Flame Grilled Boca Burger with FF American cheese, a little light mayo, ketchup, a little lettuce and sliced tomatoes on a sandwich thin all for 3.5 points. This is so amazing. It beats a Whopper any day. I also had some baked sweet potato fries for 2.5 points. So a 6 point supper overall and it really hit the spot! I also picked up a diet Cherry Pepsi at the store- so that was good, too! I don’t drink pop hardly ever anymore.

111110 005

And for dessert, I whipped up another HG dessert, Sweetie-fry bananas with cream cheese frosting for 3 points. Delectable!

111110 007

So that ends the day with 1 point leftover- I may have something more a little later. I still need at least 1 more serving of fruits or veggies. I have decided to give myself a night off. No homework and no making myself work out. Frankly, I’m exhausted tonight. I need to take some “me” time and I’m actually thinking about taking a nice hot bath to relax. No guilt. Just stress relief. And besides, we can all admit I probably need that bath…Winking smile

8 comments :

  1. Some great yummy stuff pictured here! Its making me go drolling on the laptop :)

    I forget to use deodrant most of the days and then start feeling conscious about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those bananas look AMAZING. Great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A little bubble bath is just the ticket, eh?
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sniff, sniff, so THAT's what I smelled today! SO kidding!!! (you know that!) :) What a busy day you had! And a big AWWW for the little girls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you had a nice, relaxing evening! How great for those little girls to be so sweet to you, no doubt it was well deserved!

    WTG on being down 70 pounds!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So funny about having to put on deoderant in the Target bathroom!LOL

    I'm going to have to try those bananas. That looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. he he!! too funny about deodorant! lol

    and great job on putting the cake back!!

    Hope you enjoyed your "you" time!! We all need that!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...