SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, November 5, 2010

Dear Friday, I’m So Glad You Came.

I was happy when I woke up this morning because today is the day! The day that hubby comes home! Smile

For breakfast this morning, I had a toasted sandwich thin topped with PB and a sliced banana along with 1 cup of 1% milk for 7 points.

110510 001

As far as the weekly points that I talked about yesterday, I did end up eating 6.5 of them last night. I thought out everything I ate and did not go into emotional eating. I didn’t feel guilt about WHAT I was eating, so I think that’s ok. I was actually hungry! I stepped on the scale this morning and I am below my WI day weight, so all is good. Thank you to all of you who shared your thoughts on this. That really helped me think things through!

For my first break, I had 12 Special K crackers and Roasted Red Pepper Hummus for 2 points.

110510 002

I was so hungry by lunch time. I made up an egg sandwich with a toasted sandwich thin, 1/2 cup of egg beaters, 1 slice of FF American cheese and ham for 3 points.

110510 004

I also baked a sweet potato and scooped it out of the skin for 2 points. I love how this picture turned out.

110510 005

These are just so delicious. I finally figured out the perfect cooking time and temp. 400* for 1 1/2 hours. Turns out PERFECT and comes right out of the skin. They have such good flavor I don’t have to add anything to them.

For dessert, I had a bowl of fruit: 1/2 cup raspberries, 1/2 cup strawberries and a small banana, drizzled with a little bit of chocolate syrup for 2 points.

110510 007

On my last break, I had a cup of Pumpkin Spice coffee with a little creamer for .5 point.

110510 008

Hubby got home shortly before I got done with work! I was so happy to see him and so happy to have him home for the weekend. When I got off of work, we headed to Longhorn Steakhouse for supper. We have a bunch of gift cards that we’ve accumulated- so we thought we would go there. The good news- I planned ahead and this time I stuck to my plan! Plus, Longhorn Steakhouse has their nutritional information up on their site- so kudos to them! They didn’t have fiber listed, so the points values may have varied a little bit.

We started with the bread basket. I am happy to say I only had 1 slice with a little butter for 3 points. This bread was REALLY good!

110510 009

I ordered a side salad as one of my sides. I had Fat Free Ranch with it. This was 4 points.

110510 010

And for my main entrée, I ordered Redrock grilled shrimp. This was delicious! It came with rice. I was so full that I didn’t eat all of the shrimp, rice or veggies. I ate until I was full- so that’s an accomplishment in and of itself! No overeating for me anymore! This was a total of 9 points. I didn’t take off any points for what I didn’t eat- just to make sure I am counting ENOUGH. I didn’t eat the butter sauce that’s pictured either.

110510 011

After that, hubby wanted to go to Old Navy to get some new jeans. I looked around and found the PERFECT coat. I am going to hopefully order it online! It is pink and a long coat. I have NEVER been able to wear a long coat because of my big hips- but this didn’t look bad! I tried it on in brown and it fit really well- but they didn’t have my size in the pink. I also wanted some fleece PJ pants but they didn’t have my size in those either. Sad smile

After that, we went to Dairy Queen for dessert. I had planned for the mini Pumpkin Pie blizzard for 7 points, but they didn’t have it. Why wouldn’t they have it? It’s not even Thanksgiving yet! So I ordered the cookie jar blizzard, but they gave me an Oreo blizzard, and I complained that it was a total waste of my precious weekly points because I am not a big fan of the Oreo blizzard- so hubby switched his with mine. So I had a mini Reese’s blizzard for 8 points. lol. Hubby loves Oreo, so all was well! I took a picture of the “Cookie Jar" blizzard before I knew it was Oreo- so I didn’t actually eat this one, but you get the point. Winking smile

110510 012

And then we headed home! Now for a relaxing night getting caught up on our favorite shows!!

Have a great weekend!!

7 comments :

  1. Your dinner at Longhorn looks delicious and such a healthy choice! I've never been there, but now I want to go!

    Glad hubby is home safe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great weekend with your hubby.

    You made some really smart choices and your dinner looks amazingly good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Job! Enjoy your week-end! -MOM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work! Have a wonderful weekend with your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That one dish is still steaming!
    Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GOOD for you! Good FOR you! Good for YOU! LOL and I mean it. :) - Angie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you!!! Your meals looked delicous AND point friendly! Have a wonderful weekend with your hubby!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...