SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, November 26, 2010

Friday’s Eats and Such

Once again, I couldn’t sleep in- not that I was tired- I was more than ready to get up at 6 AM. I guess that is about an hour later than usual, so it’s all good.

I was able to get caught up on blogs again and then I got to cleaning. I feel like I am forever cleaning lately, but it makes me feel better when everything looks organized and sparkling clean.

Hubby woke up a few hours later. I waited for him to eat breakfast so I was starving at this point! I had 1 cup of oatmeal with a sliced banana and 1 cup of 1% milk for 5.5 points.

112710 003

I got some of my winter décor out today. I love how festive and warm it makes the house feel!

112710 004

I needed some items from the store. At first I was going to drive up there, but then hubby and I decided to walk. It took us about 20 minutes and I burned 80 calories. I count anything as activity if it is different than what I would normally do. It’s the little ways of getting active that can help us so much!

This is my new coat that I wanted SO SO badly (so I ordered it online because they didn’t have my size in the store) and I LOVE it, but it’s too big. Sad smileCrying faceBut my Mom suggested I get it altered, so I have contacted a seamstress to see what they can do. I feel like a big pink blob in it right now. I was so happy to find a long, stylish coat that actually fit me- so I really hope this works out.

112710 006

We came home and decided to make some crab rangoons. We had never done this before, but I had purchased some won ton wrappers for another recipe that I needed to use up, so crab rangoons it was! And these were AMAZING! And so low in points. I couldn’t believe how low in points they were compared to what you get in the restaurant. I will definitely be posting this recipe, too! You can eat 4 of these for 2.5 points.

112710 012

While we were cooking, I ate one spinach phyllo cup for 1 point.

112710 010

So for lunch, I had 2 oz. turkey, sweet potatoes, a little green bean casserole and I ended up having 4 crab rangoons for a total of 6.5 points.

112710 011

I ate the last slice of crustless pumpkin pie for 3 points for my dessert.

112710 013

Later on in the afternoon, my parents arrived for the weekend! We had fun just relaxing and talking.

My aunt and uncle were passing through on their way home to Missouri, so they stopped for about 15 minutes and chatted. It was nice to see them again!

I had a Pumpkin Spice Latte while talking for 1.5 points.

112710 014

While I was cooking supper, I served some leftover appetizers. I had one each of crab rangoons and spinach phyllo cups for 2 points.

112710 015

For supper, I made Sassy Pumpkin Soup and HG cheesy corn muffins for a total of 4 points- can’t beat that!

112710 016

For dessert, I made HG Red Velvet Cupcakes- DELISH! 3 points.

112710 019

After supper, we headed to the little theater for a $2 movie. We saw Secretariat, which was a fabulous movie! I ate my favorite popcorn while I was there (they had it this time!!). Half of the bag for 5 points. I also had just a few M&M’s for 2 points.

112710 020

And that finishes off the day. I stuck to my points, used a few weekly points- but overall, I felt like I did good today. I definitely could have gotten more fruits and veggies in though and I should have exercised.

Stay tuned for the Thankful Healthy Blogger 5k Results and giveaway winner tomorrow night! I have been having so much fun getting all of your pictures and seeing your posts about the Thankful Healthy Blogger 5k. I have not gotten results from half of the 36 people that signed up, but you have until 6 PM central!! Have a great weekend! I’ll leave you with this cute picture of our kitties. Smile

112710 002

11 comments :

  1. Cute kitties !
    Crustless pie - now we're talking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me want the HG recipe books every time I read!! We love her pumpkin caramel cupcakes, but I honestly haven't tried many of them. Looks like you had a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww kitties!! the puppies I posted about earlier this week - didn´t make it =( ugh so sad!!!

    Those rangoons looks so yummi. and the coat is very nice, hey at least it´s big and not too tight right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the christmas-sy coffee mug! Its cute.

    The kittens are so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. cutie kitties :)

    it is coat season!!! loving the pink! I think I am going to buy myself a coat and drop it under the Christmas tree.... OH MY who bought me that!!!! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, yeah - once you get that coat altered, it'll look great on you! A pop of color is so nice to see out in the normal sea of black coats. I always wanted a red one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where did you order your coat from? It is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crustless pumpkin pie? I could eat that. What is the recipe?

    Your coat is too big? While not ideal stylewise, that doesn't suck diet wise. Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yippeee for christmas decorations

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for the coat that needs altering! AND OMG...your kitties are ADORABLE!!!! Congrats to all the healthy bloggers who did the 5k on Thurs! Yay all of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kitties look adorable and the pie looks delicious.
    I LOVE the coat....pink is a good color!!!

    Betta

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...