SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, November 15, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy

Mondays. Can’t do anything about ‘em except try to make them great!

I hope you all had good weekends. Mine was mediocre. It was great to have hubby home but I wish we could have spent more quality time together. I literally spent the entire weekend working on this group project for Tuesday. I researched and researched and ended up making too many trips to the library, which takes 45 minutes each way. We met as a group last night for an hour and finalized our plans.

Hubby and I went out to eat three times this weekend. That’s right. THREE TIMES! Once planned and twice unplanned. I tracked everything I ate and I am –3 points. I know I can make that up by working out. So it’s all good. But I definitely need to drink some water! Even if you watch what you eat, there must be a ton of sodium in restaurant food.

So this morning for breakfast I tried to make something healthy and filling. 1 cup of oats with 1 tsp. peanut butter and a small sliced banana on top along with 1 cup of 1% milk for 6.5 points.

70lbgoal 013

Hubby had to leave after breakfast. Sad smile 

I had 45 minutes before I needed to get ready for work, so I got started right away on my PowerPoint slides. I am happy to say that I completed my slides and emailed them off to my group for someone else’s duty of compiling them all together. That was a relief!

And then it was time for work.

For my first break, I had a blueberry Greek yogurt with 1/4 cup of raspberries for 3 points.

70lbgoal 014

I also brought back a cup of diet hot cocoa with a little FF whipped topping for 0 points. It was cold outside today!

70lbgoal 016

For lunch, I had 3 oz. chicken, whole wheat pasta with a  little tomato sauce and a salad made up of 2 cups of lettuce, 1/2 cup tomato, and a little light ranch dressing for a total of 5 points.

70lbgoal 017

For dessert, I had a serving of FF/SF vanilla pudding for 1 point.

70lbgoal 018

For my last break, I was definitely craving my afternoon coffee because I forgot to take a picture! Breakfast blend with FF vanilla creamer for .5 point.

Right after work, I put together some information for the group project and emailed off another portion of the project. And then it was time for supper.

I had egg beaters with laughing cow mixed in, a HG recipe cinnamon roll (totally satisfied my craving with these!), and 3 slices of turkey bacon for 7 points.

70lbgoal 020

And for dessert, I had a HG Death by Chocolate cupcake for 2 points. I added a little bit of FF whipped topping and sprinkles to make it pretty. I can’t believe how delicious and rich these are.

70lbgoal 022

I’ve been thinking about my food choices lately and while I am following my points, I may not be eating the “healthiest.” There is definitely room for improvement. Small steps. I do find that I get in funks where I eat a lot of the same foods, so it might be time to switch things up a bit.

And then it was back to working on that presentation. I finally got everything completed and rehearsed it. I think I am going to be ok. I think I can. I think I can. I think I can. Smile

I needed to get my mind off of that for a while, so I called my Mom and talked to her- Thanks Mom!

And then- you guessed it- back to my homework! I popped up a 100 calorie pack of Jolly Time for 1 point.

70lbgoal 023

And since I realized I hadn’t gotten all of my fruits and veggies in yet, I had a pear for 1 point.

70lbgoal 026

That leaves me with 1 point leftover for the day. So overall, it was a good day! No exercise today, but I plan on getting back on the exercise wagon tomorrow when things have finally slowed down.

Now I just need to keep practicing what I’m going to say for this presentation tomorrow and try to calm down enough so I can get some sleep… Did I mention I hate presentations? Winking smileI’ve been going through phases since last Tuesday where I feel confident and then I feel like I’m totally screwing everything up and I’m going to cause the group to fail and then I feel like I have it together, and then I feel like I don’t, etc. I just want this to be OVER! I’m sure it won’t be as big as a deal as I’m making it- I just hope that I’ve done everything well enough! Ahhhh! Stress, I don’t need you around!

7 comments :

  1. You always make me crave vanilla pudding, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! I know how stressful presentations can be! I have one on thursday! Good luck with yours and stay cool, it helps :D. It helps me to think that all the people in the audience are a bunch of losers and I am the only one who knows the best ;D Gives me a boost of confidence!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a stressful time for you. Give yourself credit for staying on track AND getting all your research, presentations and papers done. WHILE working and working out AND spending time with your hubby. My hats off to you!!!!! You are a true success story and an inspiration. PS: cupcakes...mmmmm....(that was my best Homer Simpson)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your presentation goes wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. everything looks absolutely fabulous!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your presentation WILL go well...just believe in yourself because you ARE doing great and you CAN do it!!!

    I know what you mean about being stuck making the same food choices. I feel like we are in that same boat right now. Need to try some new things!!! BTW ever since reading your blog I want a baked sweet potato like every day!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...