SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, November 19, 2010

I’m a Winner!

*Doing my Friday Happy Dance*

…Oh, hello there! Smile

For breakfast this morning I had 2 slices of light wheat toast with PB and a sliced banana along with 1 cup of 1% milk for 7 points.

111910 001

For my first break, I had 1/2 cup of light yogurt with 1/2 cup of raspberries for 1 point.

111910 002

I also had 1/2 serving of Special K crackers and 1 Tbs. Sundried Tomato hummus for 1.5 points.

111910 003

For lunch, I had a cup of Vegetarian Chili topped with light sour cream and FF cheddar cheese and also a PB&J on a sandwich thin for 7 points.

111910 004

Dessert was a banana drizzled with chocolate syrup for 2.5 points.

111910 005

I got a fun package today for all kinds of samples to try and then review!! I’m so excited to try them out.

Hubby got home at 2:30, at the same time as my break time! I was happy to see him! We split one of the samples, a Rocky Road Protein bar. 2 points.

111910 007

111910 011

Mmmhmm! Delicious!

I also brought back a cup of coffee with Pumpkin Spice Creamer for 1 point.

111910 012

At the end of the day I got a tweet that I won a $25 gift card from Panera!! That was so exciting!! The original tweet was:

image

So I tweeted:

image

And I was surprised to see this:

image

How fun! I will definitely be taking my Mom out for lunch after I receive this! Smile

After work, hubby and I headed out for supper. We decided to have Chinese since we hadn’t had Chinese in a really long time. I actually don’t remember the last time. For the first time, we split a meal instead of getting our own, and it was perfect. Smile Plus, it saved us money!

We started out with egg drop soup and I ate one crab Rangoon for 4 points.

111910 013

For the entrée, I had about 1 cup of peanut chicken and 1/2 cup of white rice for 11 points. Hubby was so embarrassed I used the flash. lol

111910 014

And a fortune cookie for 2 points. I really liked the fortune!

111910 015

111910 016

It was really funny because when hubby went up to pay, I waited at the table because he was going to come back to leave the tip when he got change. This is a restaurant that we used to go to a lot. Just a local, Chinese restaurant that is awesome. The owner had gotten to know us a bit because it’s a small town. Well, when hubby went to pay she said to him, “You two look so good! I haven’t seen you in a long time!” and pointed over at me. How funny is that! Someone that you wouldn’t think would notice. That really made me feel good!

And before I continue, I’m going to let you know that I planned on using weekly points tonight, so you don’t think I’m going out of control. I actually felt very much in control. First, I scooped out what I felt like I wanted to eat at the restaurant and didn’t eat any more than that. Hubby wanted a little something sweet afterwards, so we stopped at the grocery store and bought a box of two Smart One’s peanut butter cup sundae type things. These were really good and only 3 points each!

111910 017

And a while later, we went to the quaint little movie theater that only charges $2 a person and saw Life as We Know it. It was really cute!! This theatre has the best caramel popcorn combo that I LOVE for 5 points, but they didn’t make any tonight! I was disappointed. But instead, hubby brought me back a package of chewy sweet tarts, which I ate two of and put the rest away. This was 2 points.

111910 018

And then we headed home! The movie made hubby and I want to have kids, which we talk about a bit more often lately. SmileSo, on the way home, we had fun talking about all of our dreams someday. But, I have to get healthy and finish school first. So Someday! It’s something to look forward to anyway and it also helps motivate me to keep getting healthy.

And after all of that, I still have weekly points left. It was a nice, controlled indulgence, which I feel is part of life. I enjoyed it, but I wouldn’t want to do it again tomorrow! Once a week is good for me.

Have a great weekend!!

Don’t forget about The Thankful Healthy Blogger 5k!

ThankfulHealthyBlogger5K

13 comments :

  1. Just the fact that you put point values on EVERYTHING shows how dedicated you are.. Good for you! :)

    And the gift card thing is FANTABULOUS!! ;) Hope you and your momma enjoy that one.. maybe it'll get here before Thanksgiving and y'all can have an excuse to watch all the craziness of holiday shopping.. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome about the Panera gift card!!! And you are absolutely right you do have the most amazing mom!!

    What a fun night so glad your hubby is home!! Can't wait for that SOMEDAY :) but for now enjoy each other and the peace and quiet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a winner on SO many levels!!! I love the title to this post!!! Sounds like a fantastic day. I'm glad your hubby is home, have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool is that?!

    That rocky road bar looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LMAO!!!! I embarass my DH like that all the time! Pulling out my camera or using the phone camera!! Congrats on the Panera win!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - the movie make you want to have kids?
    At first I thought you went to see Harry Potter.
    I had to re-read that part.
    Congrats on the compliments and the winning Mom

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats on winning! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Veggie Chili, yum! I have to make some of that.

    And unexpected comments about weight loss is the best, especially when they come from strangers or people on the periphery of our lives. It takes more for them to make those comments and are harder earned. Very well done! :)

    And I do NOT have the patience to cut my bananas up like that. Mine are always obviously torn and uneven. I am too anxious to get to the eating than making it look all pretty like that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. omg you´re post/pics are the best! you´re food always looks so fresh and delish. BTW egg drop soup is my favorite and I was happy to find out that it´s not that fatty. yay! it looks like you and the hubby had a really nice night out =)
    I´m looking forward to the 5K on thanksgiving, i hope it´s not raining and since I´ll be doing it on my own I came up with my own bib, can´t wait to show the picture. keep up the good work, you´ve been doing so great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. and by you´re I mean YOUR. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome win with the panera GC! Way to go. I'm sure mom will enjoy it with you next weekend! Also, that's great that the Chinese people noticed! The ice cream thing looks really tasty! I might have to get some of those. Also, I think I will try to run a 5K on the treadmill the morning of TG at the Kalahari. Does that count?!? Then I can eat some extra pie with no guilt. LOL Isn't that why we exercise anyway?? Since I started running in the AM's I feel so much better the rest of the day. I don't feel so bad when I reeeaally want that piece of candy or a cookie (or two). Hope you're enjoying your weekend. The movie sounds fun. I'll have to see if its on NetFlix! :) - Angie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I keep failing off the WW wagon and having to get back on it. It's getting tiring the way I keep doing this too myself. The snacking needs to stop most definitely. I need to be more like you! Congratulations on winning the Panera Bread gift card. I am kind of obsessed with the place!

    xo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...