SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, November 18, 2010

A Sweet Day

For breakfast this morning I decided to try something a little different. I have seen a lot of people add chocolate to their oatmeal. So I had 1 cup of oatmeal with 1 sliced, small banana, 1 Tbs. chopped pecans, and 1/2 serving of mini chocolate chips along with 1 cup of 1% milk for 7.5 points.

111810 003

This tasted really good, but it’s just not for me. I can’t hardly stand eating so much sugar in the morning. It makes my body feel sluggish and my head feel foggy. I don’t like that feeling! I have never liked eating donuts for breakfast because of the same reason. If I eat pancakes or waffles, I always use sugar free syrup or else I feel sick. Anyone else have that issue with sugar in the morning?

I had a relaxing morning and then it was time to head to school. I was hoping to get the grades for the presentation and the test, but no such luck!

On the way home, I got to talk to hubby for 20 minutes because he was between job sites. That was nice! I ate a very small apple after that for .5 point.

111810 006

For lunch, I had leftover pizza from this past weekend and a small side salad. I just used the points value for 2 slices of thin crust pizza from Pizza Hut, but this was from a local place. The pizza was not oily at all, so I think the points are probably accurate. 9 points total.

111810 007

Dessert was FF/SF vanilla pudding for 1 point.

111810 008

And I was feeling snacky and tired…I think being tired makes me want to eat sugar. I did have some nuts and mini chocolate chips, carefully measured, for 3 points. But I probably could have gone without.

111810 009

And then it was time for work! I brewed French Vanilla coffee with a little FF vanilla creamer for .5 point.

111810 010

The  work day went really quickly and I got to sign out 10 minutes early because we were slow. Nice!

For supper, I had 4 Schwann’s boneless skinless teriyaki chicken wings, 1 cup of broccoli, and a slice of light whole wheat toast with a little grape jelly for a total of 4.5 points. That broccoli really filled me up!

111810 011

I waited a while to have dessert, and a couple of hours later I heated up a HG chocolate cupcake with a little whipped cream on top and a few mini chocolate chips for décor. 2 points.

111810 013

I’m trying to come up with as many ways to decorate these things as possible. Why? I don’t know. It’s fun and gives me ideas. haha. Or I’m just a dork. Winking smile

The house really needed cleaning tonight, so I decided to try to make it into a workout. I LOVED IT! I blasted my iPod and sang my heart out while dancing, Swiffering, dusting and straightening up! I even ran up and down the stairs a few times. I just tried to be moving as much as possible the whole time. No, it’s not a run, but it’s a lot better than sitting on my bum! I cleaned for 1 hour and burned 333 calories!! I like that! I will definitely make this one of my “workouts”! On WW, this counts as AP’s anyways. So I earned 3 Ap’s! I loved this so much I’m doing to dedicate a post to it- so stay tuned for that! Smile

I am ending out my day using exactly my points, done with school for over a week, and with a clean house! A great day if I can say so! Plus, this is the last “sleep” before hubby comes home tomorrow!!

Once again, looking back at my food choices I am a little concerned. I really ate a lot of sweets today. I feel like I could do better. It’s something for me to think about. I’m not going to be hard on myself. Small steps lead to big changes. After all, I have lost 70 lbs. I am doing SOMETHING right. But throughout this journey, I have made small steps along the way. One thing at a time. But I think the fact that I am recognizing a need for improvement means I might be ready for that next small step, whatever it may be! I will be thinking about it and watching my food choices. That’s one good thing about taking pictures of your food, at the end of the day, you can go back and see EVERYTHING you’ve eaten and analyze it. But as usual, I can attribute my food choices to my emotional state a lot and when I don’t eat particularly healthy, I can look back and tell you why. Interesting.

Have you signed up for The Thankful Healthy Blogger 5k? Make sure to check it out! You don’t have to live in the U.S. to participate. You can be thankful no matter where you live or what day it is, PLUS you can win a big prize, PLUS- it’s always good to have something to motivate you to be active. Am I right? Thought so! Let’s make this Thanksgiving an active one!

ThankfulHealthyBlogger5K

9 comments :

  1. I like adding a little hershey's chocolate syrup to my oatsmeal! Its not so sweet and tastes like dark chocolate.

    Good job on cleaning and burning 300 cals! Thats awesome. Looking forward for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't have a carb heavy breakfast either or I crash and have low blood sugar and the shakes and all. Not fun. But I sure do like the idea of adding chocolate chips to oatmeal.

    You're so right. Small steps = big results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUMMO...chocolate chips are good anytime!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great that you are seeing that you are ready for a change, you seem to be really in tune with your body!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep - every now and then I try to sneak in a little carb and see how much I can have.... what my magic number is....
    And then if I go over, I have cravings all.day.long!
    It just doesn't seem worth it!
    What in the sweet world could taste so darn good?
    The pay off isn't in the way we feel, or it would be worth it.
    Taste? Indulgence?
    There's just no sense in it!
    Good on ya that you are in the Learning Curve!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you should post your cleaning music playlist!!! (I'm kinda embarrassed to admit what music I listen to when doing housework.. :) It involves disco and funk, and most were recorded before you were born - how geeky am I???)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I try to eat turkey bacon or sausage, egg whites and whole wheat toast or I am starving after only 2 hours, and feeling sleepy too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could never eat donuts for breakfast either!!!! I like sugar but that's just too much sugar too early in the morning!!We all need sweet days once in a while though!!!

    I agree small steps = big results and you are doing great girl. I love all the pictures you take too and I'm amazed at your dedication.
    <3 betta

    ReplyDelete
  9. You could not be more right. Small steps are such the way to go because it teaches you things along the way instead of being forced to do something you aren't ready for. That you are thinking about limiting the sugary things just means that you've taken another hard earned step.

    And I am a strictly protein for breakfast girl. It keeps me fuller longer. Sweets that early has always made me nauseous.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...