SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A Day Off

This Tuesday was a great one because not only did I not have to go to school, I didn’t have to work either! So I had the entire day to do what I wanted to- guilt free!

I could have slept in, but I decided to get up at 5 AM with hubby to make the most of the time that he is home, because after this week, he will be away during the week again. Plus, I wanted the day to last and last… Smile

For breakfast, I had 1 cup of oatmeal with a sliced banana along with 1 cup of 1% milk for 6 points.

112310 001

After hubby left, I finally had some time to just sit down and read blogs. It seems like I am always behind on the blogs lately and I really miss reading them because they give me so much motivation!

After I let my breakfast settle for a while, I hopped on the treadmill. I haven’t been running as much as I would like to now- due to the weather and the time change. That has got to change! Hubby and I ran on Saturday and it made both of us feel so much better. This morning, I did 3.1 miles. I ran 1.75 and walked the rest. I would have liked to have run more, but I had gotten a headache at 4 PM yesterday and it still hadn’t gone away. I really had to push through this workout as it was. It took me 51 minutes and I burned 474 calories- LOVE THAT!

After that, I rested for a bit- got caught up on blogs, and started getting a few things done for the Holidays!

On the drive into a bigger town in the area, I had an itty bitty apple for .5 point.

112310 002

I went to Target to pick up some prescriptions and grab a few items there. They were stocking all of their Christmas stuff- it’s almost that time of year! I love looking through all of the “gift” items for Christmas.

After that, I headed to Aldi’s to pick up what I could get there for groceries, I wish I could get everything there- but no such luck!

And since it IS Tuesday, I had Subway for lunch. I had a 6” Turkey and Ham (big surprise there!) along with baked BBQ Lay’s for 8 points. For some reason the bag of chips looks like a full size bag- it was just a personal sized one, BTW. lol

112310 003

I also picked up a free cookie for hubby- if you take a survey at the bottom of the receipt you can get a free cookie next time. Can you believe I wasn’t even tempted to eat it? NSV! I ended up getting lunch free because I still had money left on my gift card from Darci’s giveaway!

And then I went to Wal-Mart because I thought I could get EVERYTHING at Wal-Mart, Wal-Mart has everything, right? Wrong. They didn’t have wonton wrappers or phyllo cups- at least that I could find. So I had to head over to Hy-Vee, which had both of those items- and more…yeh I can’t just go into the store and get what is on my list. Winking smile

Here’s what I got at all of my stops:

112310 005

A WHOOLLLLE bunch of stuff! But I had to get items for the Thanksgiving dishes I’m making and with my parents coming this weekend, I bought more than usual- no problemo because I like to grocery shop and maybe I’m just using Thanksgiving and my parents coming as an excuse (but don’t tell hubby Winking smile)!

But I am proud of my grocery cart. I have posted about this before. I like to look at other people’s grocery carts and see what kind of foods they’re eating. I am proud of what is in my cart- almost all healthy foods. For whatever reason, I feel ashamed if I have unhealthy foods in my cart, like chips, cookies, etc. I’m assuming this is probably due to being obese almost all of my life- I will probably always feel that way, like people will look at me and judge me. Anyone relate?

I was pretty tired of running around by this point. My headache was still looming large and I was getting reallllly tired of it. I thought maybe if I drank some coffee that would help, sometimes it does (but it didn’t this time). I headed over to Starbucks because I thought I had a $10 gift card. I got a Christmas Blend coffee with skim milk and sweet and low for 1 point. Turns out, the gift card had barely anything on it, but I did get my coffee for .28 cents! I have no idea what happened to my $10 gift card or if I even received it yet!? I requested it with some of my points through MyPoints. A Mystery.

112310 004

I got to talk to my Mom for a couple minutes and my sister for a little longer. That always makes my drive go a lot faster! Thanks! Smile

Later on, I had a 1/2 cup of light yogurt and 1/2 cup of blueberries for 1.5 points.

112310 008

Miraculously, around 2:00 my headache was GONE!!

I thought I would do a little Calorie Burning Power Cleaning, and I did get some done- but I just felt so tired and didn’t move as much as last time- but I did clean the kitchen in 26 minutes and burned 100 calories- so a little something, I guess.

I also made some of Lori’s Almond Joy Granola and of course I had to taste some! 1 points worth. Pretty delicious! This will be good with yogurt.

112310 009

112310 010

I was so hungry and hubby wasn’t going to be home for a while- so I decided to make myself a sandwich instead of snacking. I had a sandwich thin, FF cheese, and 2 slices of turkey- heated in the microwave- 2 points.

112310 011

And then I sat down to read a book- NOT for school!

When hubby got home, we ate supper. We had grilled pork chops, steamed broccoli, and light bread with light margarine and a little grape jelly for 3.5 points.

112310 012

I was still hungry after that, so I had a slice of toasted light bread, PB and 1/2 a banana for 4 points.

112310 014

Hubby made a great find on Craig’s List for my office! I got an awesome new desk, so after supper we reorganized my office and got that set up. It looks so much better in there and the desk is a lot bigger than my old one- I LOVE it! Come spring time, I am going to paint and finish the décor in my office. I don’t want to paint now because I’m afraid the fumes will bother me if I can’t open up windows to air it out.

desk 001

So that finishes off the day. I have .5 point left, so probably won’t be using that. Tomorrow is WI day!! I’m keeping my fingers crossed- honestly, I feel like this could go either way right now. But that’s ok, because the scale doesn’t control me. The weight will come off eventually, even if it’s not tomorrow…but I hope it is! Winking smile

8 comments :

  1. Awesome and true - the scale does not control us!
    We have the scale. It does not have us!
    Yay for your awesome way of putting it out there into Blogland!
    And congrats on when it does drop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like an awesome day!! Looking forward to our Healthy Thankful Blogger 5k :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!!! Computer went down so I couldn't read your blog, but now I'm playing catch up!

    About your shopping cart... I have those same thoughts. And for the same reasons. I figure if I get one treat per shopping trip, it's okay. It's like, "Yes, I have xyz, but I also have a ton of awesome, good stuff."

    And... you made me want Subway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh what a great find on that office desk. craigslist is a real saver sometimes. looking forward to the 5K =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally relate to the grocery cart thing! I am super conscious of what I buy! May be like you said its to do with being overweight all my life :D

    I like the last line of your post! I needed that as a reminder :) Good luck with the weigh in :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad the headache cleared and you enjoyed your well deserved day off. LOVE the desk! What a find!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That granola stuff looks really good! I've always thought about making some but never have. Maybe you can share the recipe. Awesome desk - I love black furniture. Hope WI went well! You're looking terrific either way. :) I looked back at some pictures from last year and you can see huge changes. Yahoo! - Angie

    ReplyDelete
  8. That granola looks absolutely heavenly, and looks like you got some good loot! Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

    xo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...