SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Weigh In and Thankful Healthy Blogger 5k Reminder

I gained .6 this week.

At first I was really disheartened. Hubby asked me, “What happened? Why did you gain?” and that just made it worse. They are valid questions, but not questions that I want to hear immediately after finding out I gained for the week. So I had to take my own advice and give myself a talking to. Here’s what I said to myself: (as insane as that may sound…lol)

1st- It’s .6- not 10 lbs. It’s easily water weight that will come off tomorrow.

2nd- The scale doesn’t know that I followed my WW plan.

3rd- The scale doesn’t know that I was able to complete a 3.1 mile workout yesterday and go about my day as normal having spent 24 years of my life not being able to run one complete mile.

4th- The scale doesn’t know how hard I had to work to not go into the kitchen and snack- and I DIDN’T- but the scale doesn’t know that.

5th- This is not a race. You have lost 70.2 lbs and you are very capable of losing 70.2 more lbs- Give it time, and eventually the weight will come off.

6th- You didn’t gain enough to go under that 70 lb. goal weight.

I was disappointed. But I’m trying to work through it. After all, that number on the scale SHOULD NOT rule me. But I do have things that I need to work on. I must be honest with myself and therefore I MUST admit that. I want to get back to eating a lot more whole foods. It’s hard this time of year when my favorite fruits cost a fortune. I want to try not to use ALL of my weekly points, or at least stay away from those AP’s! I have really made a good start on exercising this week and I want to continue that. It’s that time of year of transition. It’s too cold to workout outside and it gets dark a lot faster. But that is no excuse- I have to get a new plan in place and work with it!

I know that with it being Thanksgiving tomorrow, that I will probably end up using weekly points- and that’s ok. But I am going to try to do better the REST of the week, and the REST of Thanksgiving day. Thanksgiving is ONLY one meal- not a whole week or weekend, and not an ENTIRE day. ONE MEAL.

Whew, that’s a lot of talk about my WI! Now on to the eats for the day!

For breakfast, I had 1 cup cheerios with 1/2 cup of blueberries and about 1 cup of milk for 4.5 points.

112410 001

I was really hungry by my first break. I toasted up a sandwich thin and topped it with PB and a sliced banana for 5 points. I was so amazed at how much better I felt. I always feel like when I eat a snack I need to eat something “snacky” but this really worked for me. I was satisfied all the way up until lunch time.

112410 002

For lunch, I had a salad made up of lettuce, tomato, mushrooms, deli turkey, and light ranch for 3.5 points.

112410 003

I also had a side of Food Should Taste Good Sweet Potato chips for 3 points.

112410 004

Dessert was a HG Funky Monkey Bar for 1 point.

112410 005

On my break, I had some dried cranberries for 1 point.

112410 006

I had a cup of French Vanilla coffee with French Vanilla creamer for 1 point.

112410 007

I was hoping that I would be able to get off of work early all day- but no such luck. Just angry customers that really need to change their attitudes and how they treat people.

For supper, I made HG bean enchiladas along with avocado for 4.5 points.

112410 008

For dessert, I had vanilla ice cream with a little chocolate syrup for 3.5 points. This really hit the spot tonight!

112410 009

I am going to end the day with 1 point left over- I will probably use it later tonight, but I don’t want to go into my weekly points for sure.

I want to wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving!!

If you are participating in the Thankful Healthy Blogger 5k, don’t forget to email me your picture and info by 6 PM Central on Saturday November 27th. You must email me your info by then to qualify for the drawing of the giveaway! Refer back to the original post if you need more info.

I’m looking forward to the 5k, but hubby and I will be running on the treadmill this year- WAY too cold outside. It’s freezing rain tonight and there will be a high of 21 tomorrow- we will be running first thing, so it will be VERY cold for sure! It’s all about being active on Thanksgiving though! As of right now, there are 33 of us participating, but there may be more if your spouses/relatives/families are participating. I will give you an extra entry into the giveaway for each person you get to participate (picture of everyone required).  Have fun and good luck!!

8 comments :

  1. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! I have not decided if I am outdoor or indoor running. It will be 30 degrees when I wake up (brrrr), but the gym doesn't open until 8. Guess it depends on how bad I want to suck it up LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that customers were rude; its like they don't understand that employees are people. I hate that so much. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE those points you said about a bad weigh in!! I kept telling my self that last week! Its really disappointing to see a gain but its just a number. All the good work will show up on the same scale later.

    Good luck with the RUN! Keep us posted :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a nice self-talk, there.
    The scale doesn't know.
    It just does it's silly little thing.
    It's just a number....
    Yay that you got past the curse/blessing of it !!
    Happy TGiving to You and Yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the "self-talk". Loved it so much that I put a link to this post on my latest blog post. I think this is so encouraging to those who are in your shoes. THANKS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Although I didn't put the link on my blogger blog, but on my xanga blog. I use my blogger blog for personal/family things and I use my xanga blog for weightloss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chin up about the wee gain... We've all been there (and I KNOW I'll be there after WI today) and can completely relate to your thoughts, and can learn something from your self talk!!! Keep telling yourself you are doing really well, 'cause you ARE!
    Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!! Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't beat yourself up about the weight, it is amazing what our bodies do to us sometimes! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...