SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Now I Remember

I got off of work early yesterday. It was a surprise! I went to work, not really wanting to be there, and after an hour my boss asked me to sign off the phones (which means I don’t have to deal w/ angry people!) and help train someone on a program. So I got to sit and listen to someone on the phone instead- Yay! But then he asked me if I wanted to go home- I could! EVEN BETTER! So I got off of work around 11:30. That just made my day! :)

I went to Old Navy to do a little shopping. They’re having a 30% off of everything in store, sale! Awesome when that happens! I picked everything out in size XXL. It wasn’t that long ago that I was able to start shopping at Old Navy again. I had to swap everything I tried on for a size XL. I even bought a dress that I’m going to wear as a cover up to the lake today. And you know what? I’m happy with how I look in it. I have never liked how I look in a dress because I am disproportionate in my hips and top. It has an empire waist, and that helps slim you down. And an XL- I was so thrilled. I tried on a size 18 skirt, and it went on and I looked so thin in it- but just a little too snug yet! That’s amazing because I was wearing 24/26 PLUS size clothes when I first started. I just smiled at myself in the mirror. NOW I REMEMBER why I’m doing this.

I went to the grocery store to pick up a few items. I parked farther away. I used to drive around forever trying to find a close parking spot- now I don’t worry about it. I walked at a steady pace and saw two women (one with her belly hanging out), smoking cigarettes, who had waited for a close parking spot. So unhealthy looking. I walked right on past them. I can even walk faster than I used to. NOW I REMEMBER why I’m doing this. I don’t want to be miserable and unhealthy anymore.

We had a breakfast potluck at work this morning. My coworkers were telling me their plans to eat a plate of food on their breaks and another plate of food on their lunches. I remember how miserable I used to feel when I ate everything in sight. I ate 1/2 a cinnamon roll and a sausage link so that I didn’t feel I was missing out. NOW I REMEMBER why I’m doing this. So I don’t live with feelings of guilt over food.

Now today, we are up at my brother’s in WI. My brothers, sister and their families and my parents are all going down to the lake for the day. I’m really excited about it! I want to make sure that I make good eating decisions and try to remember why I am doing this.

I REALLY need your advice on the 5k!

6 comments :

  1. Yay on the new clothes!

    Regarding the 5K. It's your first, so there will be nerves. This can help and hinder you. Forget having anyone stay with you unless they really, really want to, because there will be a tendency for you to want try to go faster than you should for them. It's very important that you set a pace for yourself that you can handle. Particularly at the beginning because you will have adrenaline and will automatically want to keep up with the faster runners breaking ahead of you.

    Since you know you can run half the distance at one time, I would plan on doing a run/walk combo. Run for 5 or 10 minutes, then walk for a few. This will help pace yourself and you can cross the finish line running.

    Do not over do any running training this week. You are not going to improve much in the week prior and you will need to get a good rest day before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you could find a reminder about why you are doing this every day, you just need to look for them. I'm imagining you in the dressing room at Old Navy doing a little happy dance with the new smaller sizes. BTW, I think Old Navy sizes are a bit smaller than the typical, maybe you're really a L and not an XL, I know I always have to buy the next larger size at that store.

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://fitbloggers.ning.com/forum/topics/how-to-become-a-30-minute

    I posted this in my online group a while ago...30mins is normally about 4km...so this should give you an idea as to a program to work on...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That makes me smile. I always pushed through, not sure why but when I got into fitting rooms with new, smaller clothes I was SOOOO happy. In fact, the day a size 10 fit me (never before in my life) I called my best friend from the dressing room just to talk about it.

    So happy for you!!! That is a huge accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY on the clothes!! That is so awesome and glad you are feeling so great :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...