SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Gratitude

I just had to post this.

I had a terrible day today. People screaming at me, threatening legal action, not believing that I am a “senior” rep when I am, and basically disrespecting me and my authority because I am a woman.

I came home and the fun continued. Hubby took the day off to meet the cable company for an appointment between 1-5. They called and said they didn’t need to come. He took a day off of work! He called the company and gave it to them. I called the company and took it further. They have terrible customer service. It was miserable. They were rude and did nothing for me but credit $20 to my account and say we could reschedule from 1-5 on Thursday and WOULD NOT verify a specific time so we could be home. MISERABLE!

But then I found out that my neighbor died in a motorcycle accident over Memorial Day weekend and we didn’t even know it. It made me realize that my bad day was nothing at all.

I am filled with gratitude with how blessed I am. I am so thankful that I have a job. I’m thankful that I have my hubby by my side. Nothing else in this world matters but family.

I’m so grateful.

7 comments :

  1. That is right! At the end of the day it is about family and friends. I am sorry to hear about your day but happy that you realized what is really important in your life.

    Have a nice evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes we just have to remember what we really do have! Sorry you had such a bad day but glad you realize just how much you have to be grateful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That really truly is a bad day, even if some people have worse - but that's really awesome that at the end you were able to take all these difficult things and horrible news and feel grateful - we're all so much luckier than we realize!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big hug Mae...all of that is really tough...but yes you right ~ we have to be grateful for all we have...the blessings we take for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO SORRY you had a rough day----but that second to last sentence?
    powerful and what I strive to remember every day as well.

    MizFit

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had one of these moments the other day and posted about it. We get in such a groove that we sometimes take things for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's hard when you have bad experience piled on top of bad experience all day long. It's good that you were able to remind us all that life is short, and these things are a drop in our lifetime.

    I hope today is less stressful!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...