SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, June 21, 2010

Schedule Change

Hello everyone! Today is the start of a new routine for me. We don’t change work schedules very often, but the time arose and I decided to go with a different schedule. It’ll only last for the summer until I go back on my school schedule. I have worked 7-3:30 for a couple of years now. I decided to change my work schedule to the 8-4:30 shift. I did this solely for the purpose of having time to get in a morning workout. And that’s just what I did this morning! I am still going to wake up at 5 AM with hubby, pack our lunches, eat breakfast, and when he leaves at 5:45, I will head out the door for a run or whatever I am going to do.

This morning I went for a run. It was difficult to breathe and I am drenched in sweat. I looked up the humidity level and it’s 94%- no wonder! I ran from one side of town to the other- something I never thought possible when I first started. It is exactly one mile. I was surprised to see my time was 12:33, my fastest mile has been 13:15, so I’m not sure whether it’s right or not because I ran in a different place. But a mile is a mile I guess! I walked the rest of the way because the humidity was just killing me. I burned 396 calories. I think this will be a good way to start my day. I’m just hoping I don’t dread having to stay at work until 4:30 now! :)

Last night, hubby and I went for an hour long walk. It was super humid last night and miserable. But I did burn 435 calories.

The scale was being nice this morning, let’s hope it continues to weigh in day! Have a great day!

5 comments :

  1. great job getting out there in the humidity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really are doing so well...am really proud of you...since I started reading your blog you have made so many changes to your lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Great job! You are doing so well! Keep going strong! So proud of you friend!

    Good luck with the new schedule :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you oh doing what you need to do to stay healthy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is hard to work out in high humidity. I know exactly how that feels! Good for you on working it out!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...