SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Diet Soda Cake

cupcake 001

I have been wanting to try this recipe forever and finally decided to give it a try. I was a little bit concerned about how it was going to taste but I was blown away! It’s a simple, easy to make recipe. All you need is:

A box of cake mix

A can of diet soda

Mix them together and bake according to the box directions.

I used a white confetti cake mix and diet mountain dew. I made 18 good sized cupcakes for 2 points each (on the old plan- new points would need to be calculated on the Points Plus sytem depending on what cake mix is used)!! I couldn’t believe it. I topped mine with a little bit of whipped cream and it was delicious and super moist. I’m interested in trying different flavors of cake and diet soda to see how they turn out!

3 comments :

  1. Yours look yummy!
    I tried that a while back ... and it did not turn out. It's so simple yet I screwed it up.
    Must try again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Times like this I miss cake.
    Just a wee little bit.
    Glad it was a good treat for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen that before but never tried it! Yours looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...