SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, June 28, 2010

Monday Morning

I was worried about stepping on the scale this morning after my weekend filled with rich foods. But I weighed in at the same weight I was Thursday and Friday morning. So I stayed the same, but I am still up from WI day. My goal for the next couple of days is to make the weight drop for WI day! I know I can do it.

I was dreading working out this morning for some reason. I think that once I start eating foods that aren’t good for me, I start with the self loathing and then my confidence and self-esteem drops tremendously. When I don’t feel good about myself, I don’t want to exercise either. But exercise is the cure. I made myself get out there and I ran 1 mile and walked 1 mile back. I had my fastest mile so far, 12:22. My first mile was 13:15. So I am slowly improving! I really want to run 2 miles without stopping, and I’m sure I can, but I feel like 1 mile is a lot of work for me right now. Wednesday night, hubby and I plan on going for one last, long run before race day on Saturday. I want to be able to run 2 miles on Wednesday night. I would really like to be able to run 2 miles without stopping at the race and then walk a little bit and finish it off running. But maybe that would wear me out too much if running 2 miles is hard for me. I don’t know what to expect and I’m pretty nervous about the 5k!

We stopped at Trader Joe’s in Madison on the way home yesterday. Stocked up on Almond butter and peanut butter and other misc. things. Yum! I love that store. We’re going to have one a little closer soon, they’re building one in Des Moines!

Hope you all have a wonderful Monday! It’s a 3 day week for hubby and me! We took Thursday and Friday off! I can’t wait!

5 comments :

  1. You are doing great!! I'm so jealous of your running :) Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Put that weigh in behind you and continue with your plan....

    ReplyDelete
  4. my hubby and I have very different sysles of 'training' when we run. He goes for time, it's a sport and he has to win every time... faster, faster. faster.

    Me, I go for the experience, if there is an amazing view I will walk to take it in, and I look around, breathe, and just connect with the sights and sounds around me.

    Your time will improve a little by little but what you get out of running will depend on how you approach it. Don't be down on yourself unless your goal is to be fastest in your division... otherwise, just remember this is your time, and you decide what makes it a good run or not.... whew... sorry for the novel! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...