SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Another Milestone

The bad weigh in this morning doesn’t mean anything compared to what I did tonight.

I ran 2 miles without stopping. That’s right, 3 weeks after I ran my very first full mile, I have been able to double my distance. That makes me so proud of how far I have come. It took me 28 minutes, and I know that’s a snails pace, but I really shouldn’t care about that. I’ll get faster. Right now, it’s about endurance.

Funny, that’s how I feel about my weight loss journey right now too. It doesn’t matter how fast I lose the weight, it’s about endurance. It’s about going at my very own pace so that I can make it to that finish line strong. Right now, I’m not even halfway to goal, but I know that I can get there.

I have my 5k race coming up on Saturday. I’m still nervous about it. I don’t even know if I can finish in 40 minutes based on the time I had tonight for 2 miles. I know it shouldn’t matter how fast I finish- and I really need to stop worrying about it! I guess I just don’t know what to expect. But I would feel a little silly if I jogged the whole thing and came in with the walkers. lol

But I’m happy I ran those 2 miles. I set a goal that I wanted to be able to run 2 whole miles before the 5k and I did it. And you know what? I KNOW I can and will do even more. :)

7 comments :

  1. CONGRATS on running 2 miles, that is AWESOME. You will do fabulously on the 5K, I know it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful! I love it that you are seeing a positive side in this :) Keep going strong dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are AWESOME! Congrats...

    You will be GREAT at your 5K!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's wonderful!!! I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to read you so positive Mae...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bravo on 2 miles! Make sure you take a rest day before the race. Your legs will be fresh and ready to go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job...slow is good!!!! Getting out there is good!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...