SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Conversations with the Wal-Mart Checker

Today I went grocery shopping after work because we were starting to run low on fruit. Remember last week when I wrote about being proud of my grocery cart? Well, today my checker commented on how healthy everything I was buying was. She said everything was so fresh and natural and there wasn't a thing that she wouldn't eat! She asked me if I was dieting and when I said yes, she told me that she had lost 40+ lbs. on a soup, salad and sandwich diet and then gained it all back. She said that it is so important that we make a lifestyle change. I couldn't agree more and that's exactly what I'm trying to do!

I always pack my husband's lunches for him and I always tried to give him the foods that he likes, mostly the ones that I don't eat because they are too many calories. But he doesn't have to worry about calories (lucky guy)! So I thought to myself, I'm responsible for packing his lunches and here I am loading him up with junk. So I've been making a conscious effort to make sure he's getting his 5 servings of fruits and veggies a day too. After all, I want him to be healthy too! He's really enjoying the fruit, which is why we were running low on it. :)

I bought some peaches today, I know they're not in season and I was apprehensive to buy them, but they are delicious!! I cut one up and had it for dessert and I loved it. I can't wait for all of the summer fruit to be in season. I love peaches and nectarines. I also bought a pineapple, I've never cut one before, but maybe I'll have my husband cut it tonight. He's got bigger muscles! I also found Naked Juice and another brand of 100% juice, they're usually around $4.00 and they were on sale for $1 a piece!! I loaded up on those! I love those so much and I never buy them because of the price. It's like getting 2 servings or more of fruit in every bottle. I also found some Flat bread, Italian herb flavor. I was excited to give them a try so I made a wrap out of one for lunch. I have to say I wasn't all that impressed, which was a disappointment. I might try making pizzas out of them though. I think those are the only things I got that were different from what I usually get.

Today is a little cooler than it has been, high of 49 I think. I'm really looking forward to my walk this afternoon!! It's really sunny, so I'll just throw on a hoodie and I'm sure I'll be just fine. I'm looking forward to my 25 lb. reward! As of this morning, I was 3 lbs. away!

2 comments :

  1. Hello,
    I'm on a weight watchers too...so far 22 pounds down since Jan 7th.

    I have some tips for you about cutting a pineapple: put it on it's side and cut off the base and top (so that you have a stable cutting surface) then stand it up and cut down the sides to remove the peel (for lack of a better term). Make sure you get all the brown spikes as they will not be good to eat. Next cut it in half and then into quarters. Take out the core, and then eat it!! I love that I can have as much fresh pineapple as I want for 2 points!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when I have a "healthy grocery cart" I hope you enjoyed your walk and I hope you don't mind me following your blog.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...