SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, September 28, 2012

Ho Hum…

Finally Friday! I sure am looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow!

For breakfast, I ate light toast with PB (x2) and 1/2 of a banana, sliced. I also had skim milk.

9272012 020

I drank coffee with FF vanilla creamer while working job #1.

9272012 021

And snacked on a light cheese stick on my break.

92812 001

For lunch, I made an egg white omelet with ham and cheese along with light waffles topped with SF syrup and Brummel & Brown. What can I say, this looked like a face to me, so I added eyes.

92812 003

I also had a side of fresh raspberries. These have been spectacular. I often shop at Aldi and their produce can be a little…iffy. But I bought these at HyVee and they are just superb. I can’t believe the difference. So fresh and flavorful.

92812 002

After lunch, I got started on working job #2. I worked for about an hour and decided to stop for the day. I was starting to feel sicker again…ugh.

I ate a snack of peanuts and candy corn. Not something I eat often, but it was good!

92812 006

I think that not feeling well made me want to eat. I also ate some of these caramel corn puff things that hubby picked up at the apple orchard.

92812 007

I finally just decided to go to bed and rest, hoping to feel better. After a couple of hours I felt less tired, but still felt like I do when I am coming down with something, even though I’ve had something for like a month now and thought I was finally on the mend again…BLAH!

But resting kept me out of the cupboards and trying to find comfort in food. Mission accomplished. Albeit, I felt like a lazy bum and it made me slightly grumpy and agitated. Sorry hubby!

For supper, we had grilled chicken, butternut squash, and a side salad with lettuce, tomato, a sprinkling of cheese and lite blue cheese dressing.

92812 008

I decided to experiment by making brownies out of the box and substituting unsweetened applesauce for the oil. They were very good! Only a little under 3 points too. Not too bad!

92812 010

I could definitely get by with serving those to guests for dessert. I don’t think anyone would notice!

A little too much “junk” food today. That’s what happens when I don’t feel well I guess. I’ll take note of that for next time.

Why is it that some of us think that food will make everything all better? Food really does offer comfort. Not lasting comfort, but that’s why we all bring food to people who are mourning, for example. But some of us use food as a crutch far too often. My habits have changed from what they used to be, but old habits die hard.

I’m super frustrated because I am signed up for a 5K next weekend and haven’t run in forever. Lack of motivation over the summer combined with excessive heat kept me from getting my butt out there.

And now this fall, I’ve been sick and dealing with asthma/allergies and don’t want to risk making things worse. It makes me so angry with myself. I told hubby that I’m trying to just think of the 5K as an opportunity to be active and have fun. Who cares if I can’t run all of it, or ANY of it. I could WALK it, for goodness sakes. Being ACTIVE in any way is better than just sitting on the couch doing nothing.

But I can’t help but feel like a failure…having had plans to train for this thing and haven’t done a thing. I think that’s part of what’s bothering me tonight. *sigh*

And my ears hurt. There’s pressure in my head and I keep coughing. My teeth hurt, for goodness sakes. Ok, enough complaining…things could always be worse.

I hope I can cheer up tomorrow tonight!

5 comments :

  1. Aww you should still totally do the 5k girl!! Maybe thats exactly what you need to get back in your "groove" again!! I felt so empowered after i did my first 5k, and it wasnt even an official one, but i tried very hard an dit felt great, even if i didnt run it all. Great pics you got me wanting candycorn and peanuts lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate that you are STILL feeling under the weather. It's so hard not feeling 100%! Feel better SOON! Walk the 5k, jog part of it, do what you can. You'll be so proud you did but feel defeated if you don't. Which way do you want to feel? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you feel better soon. It's hard to get things accomplished when you are not up to par.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you thought of trying a plant based diet? I was out of my groove for a long time then saw the documentary on netlix called forks over knives and that kind of opened up my eyes to a new way of eating. I am starting my third week of eating plantbased/vegan and am down 8lbs and have so much energy. I feel that our journies have been pretty similar where we have lost a decent amount of weight then get in a rut and the simpliest things have thrown us off. This way of eating has helped because there really isn't any kind of room for eating off plan since you don't eat stuff like that anymore... something to consider : D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...