SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Sock Bun (Princess Bun)

Today I want to share a secret that my sister shared with me! This is so cool. Let me introduce the sock bun.

You’ve probably seen this hairstyle on people like Reese Witherspoon:

Or Carrie Bradshaw:

So cute, right?

And who would have known this is so simple! Even I can do it!

sockbun 028

It’s so easy and stays together so well. This picture was taken after an entire day of wearing it up like that. Let me also say that I have SUPER thin hair, and this really makes it look like I have thick hair.

At first I used the sock, but then I discovered the chignon (you can find these at a beauty store for next to nothing), and that makes it so much easier and I highly recommend it. That way, it matches your hair color and it doesn’t show through.

But here’s a YouTube video that shows how it’s done. You must check it out!

Sock Bun

12 comments :

  1. Love this! Thanks for sharing. Now I need to grow my hair back out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still in the midst of perfecting it but it does make a fabulous bun! I love how chic it looks yet simple :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just recently tried the sock bun for the first time too, and I love it! I thought for sure it wouldn't work for me, but it was super simple. Yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! So easy! Or so, it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My friend does this with her daughter and was trying to tell me, via text, how to do it. I couldn't even figure out the sock part! LOL Hopefully the video will help me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My hair is not long enough but yours looks great put up in a bun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Actually this is wonderful and interesting photo published on the site because regarding in this video we can able to understand and know that how will protective our self body.

    cryobank

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is really cute. My hair isn't long enough to have the sock bun. Until it is, all I can wear on my head is a sock monkey!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Neat! Thanks for sharing. I just mastered the "ponytail bump" :) Now I'll try this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I Love These..I have to get one sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your hair looks fantastic!! I'll have to buy that hair thing, I'm still using a sock. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Omg...This is so funny to me. Black girls have been doing this for many years. We call it the donut. Glad you discovered! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...