SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, September 24, 2012

A Day Off

Did you check out my post about the weekend?

I took today off of work, kind of as my birthday present to myself. I have so much vacation time that it’s ok to take days off here and there, which is really nice. I was able to sleep in a couple of hours and it felt wonderful. It was such a COLD morning. I was wearing a long sleeved tee, a sweater, and a fleece jacket around the house and I was still cold!

I love my notes from hubby:

birthdayweekend 031

I stepped on the scale to see that my weight was only .2 above my weigh in. But I also weighed in about 3 hours later than normal. Hopefully I didn’t do too much damage this weekend and I can have a loss on weigh in day.

I started off by getting laundry started. I sure had my job set out for me!

birthdayweekend 028

For breakfast, I ate a mini whole wheat bagel with pumpkin spice cream cheese, an egg, and a glass of milk. We were all out of fruit.

birthdayweekend 029

And then I sipped on some coffee with pumpkin spice creamer.

birthdayweekend 030

I got some things done around the house and scheduled some appointments.

And then I got started on some work for job #2. I guess I didn’t have the day COMPLETELY off. But Mondays is my deadline and I had to finish up some work from Friday. It didn’t take me too long.

Hubby needed me to run an errand for him in a nearby town, so I headed out to do that. I decided to grab lunch at Subway and eat it on my drive to another town to do some shopping and stop at the office.

I ate a 6” turkey and ham sub with baked BBQ Lays.

9-24 002

I did some shopping, but didn’t find a lot to buy. I have birthday money in my pocket and it’s burning a hole. Winking smile

I did pick up this album for $5 though.

9-24 003

I found some things at a consignment store that I ended up getting free since I they owed me money for clothing I had sold.

I picked up some groceries for the week. I got a few fun things!

I love Chia seeds!

9-24 007

And blue cheese dressing.

9-24 008

9-24 009

This pineapple salsa was on sale for 99 cents. I’ll come up with some way to use it!

9-24 010

Locally roasted coffee beans. Yummy.

9-24 011

And a butter nut squash!

9-24 012

And before heading home I stopped at Starbucks to use this lovely thing!

9-24 004

9-24 005

You can bet I got something expensive. Winking smileI got a nonfat venti iced salted caramel mocha with no whip.

9-24 006

I drank half and brought the rest home to hubby. Like my watch? Hubby got it for me for my birthday! LOVEEEE!!

9-24 001

He has good taste, huh? Red heart

Hubby and I had to go help the inlaws haul some things tonight, so we headed out there. I got my birthday gift, which included these things:

9-24 013Yummy! I had a couple of the dove chocolate pieces.

9-24 016

Here are hubby and I in the truck.

9-24 015

Hubby’s parents took us out for supper. I had soup, a dinner roll, grilled chicken and fruit. I also came with a small scoop of ice cream. I didn’t get pictures of these.

However, I did snap a picture as we were driving. This is what Iowa looks like these days. Harvest time. It’s actually very pretty this time of year with all of the autumnal colors.

9-24 017

Today was kind of an odd day. I didn’t get all of my fruits/veggies in today. I will do better tomorrow!

5 comments :

  1. awww sounds like you had a good birthday!!! the food looks yummy as well i love subway ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful scenery! Looks like you had a nice, restful, fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am feeling a kinship with you right this moment. You are 27 and in school (makes me feel my daughter is on the right path) and you live in Iowa... I lived there when I was in my early 20's ...Burlington Iowa. A VERY COLD and SNOWY winter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love days off! I am sort of on one right now. Sort of. Anywho, fleeces! Lord, it's still like summer here. I can't wait for some colder weather. Happy birthday presents, too! Looks like you got some awesome stuff. Also, I love the salted caramel mochas. So tasty, but I always just go for the tall skinny vanilla lattes. I think I need to splurge soon. UHHHH, I had thought about a few things to comment on, but I think I've forgotten the rest, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to state, that was a thoughtful gift from the inlaws :-). Sometimes they know us, sometimes they don't lol.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...