SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, September 24, 2012

Weekend Post with Pictures

How was your weekend? Mine was good! I didn’t get as many pictures as I was planning on, but I do have a couple to share.

Saturday morning, my mom and I did a little shopping. I found one skirt that I was willing to pay $50 for and it rang up at $13! And I love it. It will be perfect for fall and winter. We also went out for lunch at a popular local restaurant that I love. It was fun!

After that, hubby and I hit the road. We made our annual stop at an apple orchard. We go for the apple cider donuts and a cup of apple cider each year. So delicious. We always pick up a few other goodies too. We never buy the apples because at $9 for a small bag, it’s a little more than I want to spend!

IMAG0359

And then we headed to my sister’s for my niece’s 6th birthday party.

Here’s mommy and daughter:

birthdayweekend 003

And Hubby and I with our niece:

birthdayweekend 006

My sister did an amazing job on the cake.

birthdayweekend 008

Here are hubby and I as viewed from our niece. lol

birthdayweekend 014

I thought this one was cute. Smile

birthdayweekend 019

Well, they’re all cute. Winking smile

birthdayweekend 020

birthdayweekend 024

birthdayweekend 027

After that, we headed back to my parents for the night.

Yesterday was my 27th birthday. It was a good day! My mom made a delicious dinner and a cake with cool whip and strawberries. Thanks, Mom!

Hubby and I started to make our way back home after lunch. We made a couple of stops. First, we stopped at Old Time Pottery, which is this great home décor store with really low prices. We needed a couple of big pots for our plants. But while we were there I picked up a few more pieces to add to my fall collection. My work friends bought me a matching placemat and centerpiece set for my birthday.

birthdayweekend 035

I bought the three things to add to the centerpiece in the middle.

birthdayweekend 036

And I also bought a new kitchen rug, which I discovered looks nice with the placemats!

birthdayweekend 034

We also stopped at a mall on the way home to do a little shopping. I didn’t find much, but I did get these shoes! It’s hard to see in this photo from my cell phone, but they’re a silver color.

IMAG0363

Before leaving for home, we ate at Hu Hot for my birthday. The best part was Smores for dessert!

IMAG0362

They bring them right to your table. How fun! So that was basically my weekend. I ate more than I should have, but my weight wasn’t so bad this morning. I’ll just keeping moving on!

6 comments :

  1. Happy late birthday. Your weekend sounds great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it when you get a surprise discount! Adorable cake, too. I wish I had enough patience to do something like that. I have a problem with letting the cake cool long enough...

    Sounds like a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it when you get a surprise discount! Adorable cake, too. I wish I had enough patience to do something like that. I have a problem with letting the cake cool long enough...

    Sounds like a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy late bday! Love those shoes, so cute! Woohoo on the skirt deal! I bet you were super excited after that! I did crack up that you were snubbing the $9 apples but wiling to give $50 for the skirt. Haha. I would've been the same way, but it sounds funny when you read it in the same post. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Belated Birthday!! (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love HuHot! CF one? My favorite birthday place as well, have yet to do the s'mores:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...