SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, January 30, 2012

More Upbeat and Day 1 w/ Hubby

Whew. What a weekend. You can read about my new start and the challenge hubby and I have set here. And then come back and read this post! Smile

Ok, all up to date? Good!

So my task this morning was to plan a healthy day of eating for hubby—and myself! But it definitely helped me to really focus on the basics when I was doing it for someone else as opposed to just for myself. When it comes down to the fact that I want hubby to be healthy and eat right, it’s a different story! I want him to be at his healthiest so that I can have him around with me for a long, long time. Why don’t I feel that way when I make choices for myself sometimes? It’s a good point to think about! It’s much easier to take care of others and see the importance for OTHERS to be healthy when I should be concentrating on health myself too!

For breakfast this morning, I ate an egg along with 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1/2 cup strawberries and FF milk for 6 points.

13012 002

I feel like my breakfasts have really improved since I took on trying to add more protein at breakfast. That’s a big change from a bowl or two of Cocoa Puffs that I used to eat in the mornings prior to starting this journey. Small changes over a long period of time. Smile

I struggled with working out this morning. I know I have plans to run a 10K this year, and that WILL happen. But for now I am starting small and will just try to get in any activity that I can talk myself in to doing right now—so that I truly enjoy it and get moving and rekindle my love for exercise. Once I start exercising, I start to love how I feel and running isn’t such a big deal. It’s amazing what a couple weeks of more or less inactivity will do. I felt so motivated to work out a couple weeks ago!

So I biked 7 miles in 30 minutes and burned 149 calories. I never regret a workout. I need to keep that in mind. Even if it was an easy one, it counts for something. It got my heart pumping and I even broke a sweat. More importantly, it changed my mood.

While working, I sipped on coffee with SF Peppermint Mocha creamer for 1 point.

13012 003

On my first break, I ate 1 cup of baby carrots for 0 points.

13012 006

I admit, I have to force myself to eat baby carrots. Not my first pick. But I have to train my palate, right?

For lunch, I made my favorite salad that reminds me of summertime for 7 points.

13012 008

I am always reading some book, and that’s the one I’ve been working on lately. I love Fitzgerald’s writing style.

I’ve started buying my lettuce in these containers instead of the bags. It is much more fresh and delicious.

13012 007

And they usually contain more greens and last longer!

After eating the salad, I brushed my teeth because I felt I didn’t really need anything else to eat, habit or not.

13012 009

I was hungry on my last break, so I ate a piece of light toast with PB and a sliced banana for 2 points.

13012 010

I have missed my PB because we’ve been out of it!

It is towards the end of the work day that I just start to lose motivation. I’m tired, hungry and stressed out and all I want to do is sit down with a giant bowl of peanut butter M&Ms. But obviously, that is not the answer! Winking smile

So instead, I put my iPod on the speaker dock and listened to the Jillian Michaels Podcast as I cooked supper. That kept my mind off of wanting to snack and I learned more info from the wonderful Jillian!

For supper, I made Baked Chicken Taquitos—I will be sharing my version of this recipe because these turned out fantastic! I ate those with 0% Greek yogurt and salsa and I also made steamed broccoli for a total of 10 points.

13012 011

Delicious!

And for dessert, I used my new Kitchen Aid blender for the first time to whip up some Orange Banana Smoothies for 2 points.

13012 014

I am SUPER impressed with this blender! It works so much better than my old one! I see many smoothies in my future!

Hubby did wonderfully today. Who would have known that he got SO many more points than me?! So I planned his morning out like he had to eat like me and he had 26 points left for the evening (not including supper)! So he gets to have a few snacks tonight, and planned out, he is ending his day on 2 points. Way to go hubby!! And I will pack more in his lunch tomorrow…!

I am ending the day with 6 points left, so I will probably eat some Healthy Pop popcorn and also end with 2 points left over. I don’t know when the last time that happened—but I am very satisfied today and I feel a million times better today.

Feels SO good to be back on track…and I will keep this up!! Thanks to hubby to committing to being healthy with me, it really kept me motivated today!

This song expresses my mood today. Smile

Good Life

6 comments :

  1. That's wonderful that you and your hubby are doing this together. I know exactly what you mean when you want your hubby around for a long long time. That's how I feel about my bf

    Great job tracking everything. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great your hubby is on board. I calculated the points for my husband a few weeks ago and it was ridiculously high! Can't believe how much more they get to eat and still lose weight. I love the idea of that 1/2 spinach 1/2 greens salad mix you have - I will have to keep my eye out for something similar. Good job brushing your teeth to avoid temptation. Hope you have another good day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is awesome that your hubby is going to be doing this with you!! Wish i could get Tommy on board!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is great that you guys are doing it together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for you and hubby being on track together!!! Isn't it amazing how many points men can eat in a day and still lose??? And if they're lactating, they get even MORE!!! So silly, but we were joking about that in our last meeting. Have a great on track Tues.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...