SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

An Epic Weight Gain and Moving On…Over and Over Again…

As expected, I had a big gain this week. But even bigger than I thought I would have. I gained 6.5 lbs. this week, in addition to the weight I had gained over the past few weeks. So I am now up 12.1 lbs. from my lowest weight. Wow…A few weeks of craziness almost destroyed all of the work I did for the entire year. Isn’t that just insane? But I do know that this weight will come off very quickly as I start eating healthier and get back into my healthy living. It also doesn’t help that I apparently am going to have TOM more like TOE2W, every 2 weeks!? What the WHAT?! After not having it for years and now on this new pill I’m going to have it every 2 weeks? I won’t be staying on this pill for long if that’s the case!

This year, the scale is not the best indicator of my success over the past year. I know my clothing size has shrunk considerably, my fitness level has improved significantly, and overall, I have a healthier mindset.

While my eating choices weren’t all the best choices while spending so much time at the hospital and away from home lately, Hubby and I did take a moment to think about all of the things we did right. We ALWAYS took the stairs. The room is basically on the third level. We worked out at the hotel once. I walked back and forth from the hotel a few times. I tried to make healthy choices at the cafeteria and most of the time I did. I never ate fried food. It was the evenings that really screwed things up for me when everything just culminated and my stress levels got too high. So there were things that I did right.

I am looking at today as the first day. This is my starting point. Forget the weight regained. I can’t change what has been done but I can try to learn from it so it doesn’t happen again…although hopefully I don’t have many experiences like this one again. It’s moving on. Starting today.

For breakfast, I had 1/2 serving of oatmeal topped with milled flax, an egg, skim milk and a banana.

1411 001

I got to try out my new bike today!

1411 002

1411 003

I absolutely LOVE it. It even reads my Polar HR monitor and brings that information up on the screen. It’s very comfortable. My old bike made my lower back hurt so bad but this one doesn’t at all. It’s actually not that old of a bike! My cousin has lost a TON of weight and he lost it on this bike. But now he’s a runner so he decided to get rid of it. It’s probably only a year old. I biked 7.9 miles in 30 minutes and burned 212 calories. Today was my cross train day for the Jeff Galloway 10K training plan.

While working, I sipped on coffee with FF vanilla creamer.

1411 005

I was stomach rumbling hungry by my break. I ate FF popcorn.

1411 006

Popcorn is one of the most satisfying snacks to me.

For lunch, I had a salad with lettuce, tomato, a boiled egg, FF ham, mushrooms, FF cheese, and FF French.

1411 007

I thought I could control myself and eat 2 squares of Peppermint Bark with Dark chocolate for 3 points.

1411 008

And then I had what I could probably classify as a chocolate binge. I ate probably 10 dark chocolate kisses. 6 points.

Yeh didn’t need to do that. Sad smileI’m going to blame it on TOE2W.

Must. Stay. Away. From. Chocolate.

Old habits die hard I guess.

Counting it and moving on. It felt good just to count the points and I felt less guilty about it. I didn’t feel like, “well, I’ve already screwed up today…I might as well just keep eating whatever I want!” Instead, I just kept on going. It begins with the next choice.

On my last break, I ate an orange.

1411 009

My co-worker switched some hours around with me so I could get off work early today so hubby and I could make the 2 hour trip up to the hospital a little earlier. Thank you!!

I am going to pack sandwiches for our supper. A nice, healthy supper so we don’t have to eat out and spend more money!

As of this afternoon, my MIL said that he was doing well, in a good mood and had started therapy. Good signs!!! Fingers crossed it continues! I’m not sure if I should start getting excited about the cruise or not!?

HOPEFUL!

17 comments :

  1. Love the bike kinda looks likemine but I can never do more than 5 miles I get to boredon it even if I'm watchin tv or somethin lol. Good attitude about the gain wewill just move on right it does suck tht12 pounds is like 2 months of workright it sux but it should come. Off fast

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you've done well to pull yourself up. It's hard not to get lost in depression and the feeling of failure. You are right, you lost it before and you CAN lose it again!!
    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are moving forward way faster than I did so major kudos. Maybe a lot of it is water retention. Sodium is hidden in so much when we eat away from home! I have a similar bike....wish I used it more but I also get bored on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent job with maintaining such a positive attitude. I find that being positive gets me a lot farther than beating myself up over past mistakes. Onward...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember when I had periods, and there were those days when chocolate in the house was DANGEROUS. Funny, I could resist chocolate every week other than those dangerous days in the dangerous week pre-period. Now, I keep chocolate out in the open and I only eat it in small amounts after dinner or lunch as a treat. No bingeing. Hormones. Amazing.

    Here's to your fresh year-fresh start and getting back to your lowest. I'm really glad you focused on the other victories, not scale related. We all need various measures of progress and success, measures other than the sale.

    On we go...be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You will get back on track! Push the water and fresh foods and in no time the scale will be your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The important thing is that you faced it and know the damage!

    My dad loves peppermint bark and I brought him two bags when I visited my family this past winter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear FIL's condition is improving! Way to go getting back on track immediately. Can't wait to watch you continue losing...all the way to ONEderland!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear your father-in-law is improving... You sound like you have the right approach - celebrating the small steps of success (very similar to what I blogged about Tuesday).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stress can do a real number on our eating and the scale, Alissa! Glad you are not beating yourself up over it and just moving on. You will be back on track in no time. Hang in there! Hugs to you and hubby; hope your FIL keeps improving quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have a great positive attitude and that will carry you through! Continued prayers for you FIL.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am glad things are looking up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That bikes looks nice! I had one once, but it didn't have a back to the seat and it just hurt to ride it. I got rid of it. So glad your FIL is starting to improve! I have such issues with sweets in the house. :( I also start out trying to be reserved about them, and then I flub it all up. Ugh. Oh, and dark chocolate is my favorite! I just know that 2012 is going to be a Onderful year for you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love fresh starts. I am having one myself and I have only been on WW for a month. Glad to hear the FIL is doing better. Hope you get to go on your cruise!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I gained nearly 2kg over the holiday period and I'm trying to get back on track now but it's so hard. Finding it hard to skip desserts.

    It's amazing what a week or two of celebrating can do to your diet.

    http://weightlossthesearchfortheskinnierme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Alissa, I haven't posted anything on my blog for months until recently, but I kept reading yours. I love your positive attitude.
    So glad your Father in law is doing better. Family is so important, and it's so hard when someone you love and care for is hurting. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I need to get my crap together too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...