SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, January 7, 2012

The Why

I want to welcome any new readers to my blog. There are usually lots of people who make New Years Resolutions to lose weight, and way to go if you’re one of those! But remember that this is about lasting changes—not about losing weight as quick as you can. I have found one thing that has helped me successfully lose weight, despite the ups and downs of weight loss, is finding my WHY. Finding the real reason that you want to lose weight is what will help keep you motivated. And those reasons will change as you start and continue on this journey.
So I wanted to go through my list of my (current) WHYS to help remind myself WHY I want to lose weight and be healthy.
  1. I want to be a Mom someday and the doctors recommended I don’t get pregnant until I do.
  2. I want to lower my blood pressure so that I don’t have a stroke.
  3. I want to be happy. Truly happy. Not depressed and feeling bad about myself.
  4. I want to have self confidence.
  5. I want to live an active lifestyle with my Husband.
  6. I want to be able to be a good role model for our kids someday.
  7. I want to be a runner—and I AM!
  8. I want to run a marathon with my sister.
  9. I want to complete a triathlon.
  10. I want to be able to shop at fashionable stores and wear cute clothes—it’s getting better!!
  11. Someday, I want to be able to help other people that are where I used to be and even where I am today. I don’t want children and teens to have to feel like I did. I want to help make exercise and healthy living fun. I want others to find their inner athlete.
  12. I want to achieve what I am truly capable of. And that takes hard work and dedication. I don’t want to settle for what’s easiest.
  13. I want to be confident enough that I can show the real me and not hide behind shyness.
  14. I want to conquer emotional eating. I want to BE IN CONTROL OF ME.
  15. I want to live a long, healthy life with my husband and our family someday.
What are your WHYS?

8 comments :

  1. I can definitely relate to numbers 1 and 5. After five years of trying, and then losing a good deal of weight with WW, I finally became a mommy. :) Now I'm working to lose the baby weight so I can enjoy life with my little family. My husband begs me every year to go to the water park, beach, etc. and I never go. Year after year my weight has held me back....not in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the list! Some of my whys are the same, especially 2, 3, 4, and 10.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great list! I can relate to many of your why's, especially to the ones health related. I also want to feel good about myself, confident and in control.
    Thanks for sharing your why's, they made me think of mine :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great great list! So many are the same as me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember when I did WW 5 years ago and did a list like this. This may seem like an embarrassing or personal answer, but my #1 reason was I was sick of always telling the husband "no" in the bedroom because I felt so gross and ugly! I didn't want him to touch me or see me. That's just honestly how I felt! That wasn't healthy for our marriage. Again this time, I am so much more confident now that I am down just 20 pounds so far. I also didn't want to be my kids' "fat mom," when they got to where their peers noticed those type of things. And I just want to be happy and healthy and feel pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list! I am going to work on mine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Alissa!
    Great post! I think you got the point and you've made me see it. Setting all those resolutions, but WHY???? Thank you so much. I needed something and you just gave it me!
    Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I first started my b/p was very high. I was in 24's. Now in 18's. But it has been tough the last few months. :) Hanging in though!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...