SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Spring Time in January

Last night, I had a bit of an emotional break down. Poor hubby has to deal with me. Apparently, this birth control pill is now messing with my hormones. Because I only act that crazy and hysterical when my hormones are out of whack. When can life just settle down again? More good news on my FIL, he is eating and was moved out of ICU today.

I slept in this morning until 8 AM. I am glad that I could do that because I really needed it.

For breakfast, I had oatmeal with milled flax and a sliced banana along with an egg and skim milk.

1512 001

Since my friend worked for me yesterday, I worked a couple of hours for her today on my day off. While working, I sipped on coffee with FF creamer.

1512 002

I could handle only working 2 hours a day. Winking smile

I planned ahead and dressed in my workout clothes before working. So once I was done working, I headed right outside for a run. OUTSIDE! On JANUARY 5th! I can hardly believe it myself. It was 50 degrees when I left and 54 degrees when I got home. I started out with my gloves, head band and long sleeves.

1512 004

I ended up leaving my gloves at home and taking off my head band mid run. I also had my sleeves rolled up. It was that warm! It felt absolutely amazing. The sun was shining and it was just what I needed.

I ran 2.5 miles straight and walked to warm up and cool down for a total of 3.22 miles in 45:29. I burned 616 calories. Now that’s what I’m talking about! My goal today was to get my 2 mile run out of the way for the week, which was on the Jeff Galloway 10K plan. So the 2.5 miles was just me being an over achiever and the fact that it just felt so good. I would have loved to have run all day but my body was telling me to call it quits at about 2.5 miles…which is a much longer distance than I have run since Thanksgiving Day, I think.

When I got home, I ate my lunch. I made a salad with lettuce, tomato, mushrooms, FF cheese, tuna and light Miracle Whip.

1512 008

I finished it up with a Lite Lemon yogurt.

1512 009

I really like that Lemon yogurt. It’s kind of surprising to me.

And then I headed to Target to grab a few things that we needed and get a few groceries. Look what on sale!!

1512 010

On my way home, I stopped at Starbucks and got a coffee with SF syrup and skim.

IMAG0203

It was so nice just to drive today. I even had the sunroof open.

IMAG0204IMAG0206

I wanted something that spoke of summer for supper. So we had grilled FF hotdogs on light bread (I always like my hot dogs with PB, onions and ketchup) along with potato salad and green beans for 7 points.

1512 011

My goal today was no chocolate. And I met that goal. So I did have my one dessert of the day of blueberry cobbler and some ice cream for 10 points.

1512 012

More points than I needed to use. But every day is getting a little better than the last. And it was delicious.

I actually switched my tracking over to the regular points tracking method just to see how I did today…and I still had 1 point left!! Looks like I am actually listening to my body and getting in the right amount of food. That’s so good to know! I thought after eating the hot dogs and cobbler that I screwed things up, but nope—I’m actually right on track! Open-mouthed smile

We are going to have a night at home tonight! YAY!!!

13 comments :

  1. Nice workout today! That's a lot of calories burned. What do you use to track your calories burned when you exercise?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is pb on your hotdog?? Peanut butter!? Maybe I read that wrong! Lol

    Great run :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO WONDERFUL about your FIL! It was very nice here in TN today, too! I let the kids play on their bikes for a while. You burned a ton of calories! I had a big breakdown on my hubby last week (2 days before TOM, mind you). Know what it was over??? He forgot to buy ranch dressing. Yep - all.over.ranch.dressing. I was so humiliated the next day. I had to apologize to my kids and everything. Ugh. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew you were dressed too warm for 50 degrees:) I do that too, since it's January I think I need more layers, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear your FIL is out of ICU!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great news about your father in law! Great run too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. great news about your FIL and I LOVE CUTIES!!! i've been eating 2-3 a day (addicted).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great news about your FIL! And did I read this right, peanutbutter on your hotdog???? I have Never heard of this :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Alissa. SOOOO glad to hear your FIL is out of the ICU!!! That is the best news!!! Great work on your workout! Have a good rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great news about you FIL! It has been in the 80's where I live, I am hoping for a cool down soon! You did great today, 1 point left over is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to hear about your FIL. Hopefully he'll keep progressing at such a great rate and be able to go home in the very near future. Have you ever considered the Mirena? Its the ONLY form of BC that has really worked for me, and I've used (literally) dozens over the years. Talked to a midwife at work and she said if I couldn't get my conservative (and older male) doc to do it, then call the clnic and ask for one of the younger (female) ob's since I didn't meet the recommended criteria (mainly the previously pregnant one). Was a little adjustment period (no pun intended), but now I couldn't be happier.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look fabulous in that photo. Really pleased to hear that your FIL is on the mend too. Have a good week and I hope the birth control settles down. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Uh-mazing! What an awesome run. I hope I can get there one day! Keep it up! So glad to hear about your FIL!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...