SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, January 26, 2012

I Didn’t Raid the Cupboards

Today was one of those days I could have slept until noon. Which for me, hardly ever happens. I think it was the weather. Another gray, foggy and cold day in Iowa. I did get to sleep in a couple of hours though. Today was my day off but I offered to work for one of my friends today who works a later shift.

My plan was to workout in the morning but I was just dragging. I’ve been hoping that the snow would all melt and we’d go back to the unusual 60 degree days we had a couple of weeks ago! No such luck. And wouldn’t you know I didn’t feel like working out in the evening either… I really need to make it a priority to work out first thing in the morning.

I wanted to eat a good, filling breakfast this morning since my lunch would be much later. I made myself an omelet with 2 eggs, 3 egg whites, FF cheese, turkey sausage crumbles, tomato and onion along with a banana and a glass of skim milk for 7 points.

12611 001

It was delicious! I love breakfast. I could eat breakfast foods for breakfast, lunch and supper!

While working, I sipped on a new coffee I picked up at Trader Joe’s with FF creamer for 1 point.

12611 002

I was impressed with this coffee—delicious!

So last night I ended up using 17 weekly points. How? You ask. Well, supper was healthy and within my points. But then FIL called and said he was craving a Pepsi. So we stopped at the gas station to pick that up for him and these delicious chocolate donuts enticed us. And I ate two. And I NEVER eat donuts. No matter how good they were…they were NOT worth the 20 points that I calculated off of the nutrition information AFTER I ate them! WOW, a 10 point donut. I really need to get back to the basics and check points BEFORE eating something. But I tracked it. Told myself the rest of my day was very good, and I am moving on.

On my first break, I ate a wrap on a high fiber tortilla with FF cheese and turkey along with a clementine for 4 points.

12611 005

For lunch, I had the same salad as yesterday for 7 points.

12611 008

I was really craving something sweet, but didn’t know what to have. I decided on a serving of Lucky Charms for 3 points.

12611 010

I stopped eating the more “sugary” cereals for breakfast a LONG time ago. But I do enjoy them as a snack (or dessert in this case!) once in a while!

I was WAY excited when the Fed Ex man arrived and delivered my new Kitchen Aid blender than My Blog Spark sent me!!! What a nice surprise!!

12611 011

On my last break, I really had to practice the self control because I was super hungry. I ate an apple for 0 points.

12611 012

Today was a VERY slow day at work. It was kind of nice for a change! As always, I was happy to be done!

For supper, I made a beef stir fry over lentils for 7 points.

12611 013

And I finished it up with a piece of Coconut Mixed Berry Crumble with 1/2 serving of vanilla ice cream for 8 points. I was going to eat a much smaller serving but ended up eating a regular sized portion so it cost me more points. But this recipe is basically just fruit and then the crumble on top. So really not the worst thing I could eat.

12611 015

I made half of the recipe and it’s SO good!

12611 018

And hubby brought home some strawberry crème heart Peeps—so I had one of those for 1 point. Tasty!

12611 019

I used 4 weekly points today. I had some struggles today with wanting to raid the cupboards, so overall, I think I did really well by tracking what I was eating and NOT raiding the cupboards. Smile

Who’s excited that tomorrow is Friday? I am!!

8 comments :

  1. You know in canada at our famous coffee shop Tim Horton's it is better to eat a donut then a muffin. They are lower in points. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A 10 point doughnut?! Sheesh! That is higher than Krispy Kreme or Dunkin Donuts. Ouch! When I read your post last night, my thought was "sure chili will be easy... but will there be dessert?" LOL I hate when I think something is gonna be easy on me and it flips. Ugh. I hate when I find out the hard way that I should've calculated points first. It is ugly, gray, and rainy here and I fought wanting to eat bad all day, too. Good job not raiding the cupboards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow 10 points for a donut is crazy high! Although, I did have 18 point french fries today... It was 85 at my house today and sunny. Wish we would have more of a winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes you slipped up the doughnut but you pulled it back and you tracked so well done. Just make sure you keep on top of it tomorrow, especially as it's a new day :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. the berry crumble looks SO good!!

    And kudos to you girl for counting those high point donuts!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOOH...can't wait to see what you concoct in that swanky new blender!!!! Have a GREAT weekend Alissa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh nice score on the blender and your crumble looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...