SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, January 6, 2012

Still At It

Finally Friday! This week has gone quickly—and it was actually a short week for me. And today would be my longest work day of the week—so it was kind of bitter sweet.

For breakfast, I made an egg sandwich with light bread, an egg, FF cheese, and FF ham. I also had a glass of skim milk and a banana.

1612 001

A good, filling breakfast!

Today was my cross training day. I biked 8.3 miles in 30 minutes and burned 220 calories. This new bike really makes me sweat! I feel like I’m getting a really good workout on it.

I often get asked how I track my calories burned. I use a Polar F6 Heart Rate monitor. I highly recommend a heart rate monitor! I never work out without it.

For anyone interested, this is the training plan I’m following. The link takes you to a 5K and 10K training program by Jeff Galloway. I am following the 10K program. I’m doing the workouts on different days though. Whatever days work for me. So this is what my week 1 looks like:

Week

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

1

off

run 20-25 min

walk or XT

2 miles

walk or XT

run 20-25 min

walk or XT

That means I have a run tomorrow and cross training on Sunday. And, the good news is, if we get to go on the cruise, I will be able to get my workouts in on the trip. Yay!

Which is another source of concern for me. Hubby and I have already decided that we are going to try to be as active as possible on this cruise to help offset any eating. We have active excursions booked. We plan on working out every single day. Any other tips or suggestions to keep from gaining a ton of weight on vacation, especially a cruise?

Another reminder to those of you who offered to do guest posts—please email me your post by this Saturday!! I’m still looking for guest posters too—so feel free to email me if you’re interested!

While working, I sipped on coffee with FF vanilla creamer.

1612 002

On my first break, I ate 2 Cuties clementines.

1612 003

For lunch, I ate a salad with lettuce, tomato, mushrooms, FF cheese, a boiled egg and chicken topped with FF dressing.

1612 004

I finished it up with a FF Archer Farms Caramel Apple yogurt. They have some fun flavors!

1612 005

I also ate 2 squares of dark chocolate peppermint bark for 3 points.

1612 006

On my last break, I ate an apple with PB for 3 points.

1612 007

And I think I should just ban chocolate for a while because I can’t seem to handle myself with it lately. I’m all about eating everything in moderation…but this just isn’t working out right now. Eating the chocolate earlier in the day got me craving it. I ate some chocolate chips for 3 points.

Chocolate is my weakness when I am at my worst.

For supper, I made chili. Chili is one of those things that I never make the same twice. I look in the cupboard to see what I have and just throw things together. I wanted to make one that was totally Simply Filling foods and I succeeded! This one had crushed tomatoes, kidney beans, leftover northern beans and lentils, lean beef, and seasonings. And wouldn’t ya know hubby loved my throw together chili. Kind of funny because I could slave all day in the kitchen, follow a recipe and produce a mediocre meal. Smile I had chili with FF Greek yogurt, FF cheese, (all free), crackers, and PB & J for 5 points.

1612 008

And then I had a serving of ice cream for 4 points.

1612 009

What a day. I’m just not happy with my eating today AT ALL. I pretty much lost it when I ate the peppermint bark. Thankfully, the chocolate is pretty much out of the house now. Just chocolate chips left that are supposed to be for baking only.

The good news is that I’m still within my points and I’ve been doing really well at working out so I have AP’s too. But tonight, I feel terrible. Bleh! I hate feeling like this! I just need to remember this next time I want to eat junk.

I have my run planned for tomorrow morning. That will make me feel better! I may have to switch to regular tracking tomorrow since I won’t be eating at home all weekend. I’m just aiming for a loss this week. Any loss at all would be good. But I better get it together a little more if I want that to happen!

But on a better note… I love this song.

Good Life

8 comments :

  1. I've been reading a post called "Keep it Up David by a guy who has lost 168 pounds. He just came back from a one week cruise and he covers how he ate, what activities he did and everything in between. LOTS of great tips. He had a great week and if you're interested, go to: http://keepitupdavid.wordpress.com/2012/01/04/cruisepart1/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the same way with sweets, but esp chocolate. If I have chocolate (or sweets in general) midday, I feel the need for them allll day! It's crazy! Sorry you are disappointed in your day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alissa, it's been a while since I've been posting, hope all is well with you (I need to catch up) I'm happy to see your pics, they're always better looking than my meals :/ I noticed you mentioned you weren't happy with your eating today - did you notice the smiley or non-smiley in your ice-cream? I thought that was very interesting! what are the odds of that right? I hop you have a great cruise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would suggest sticking to the formal dining room for meals. It's fine dining so the portion sizes are reasonable. If you do the casual dining you are asking for trouble because it's buffet style. Also avoid the midnight dessert buffet at all costs!! Or maybe send your husband to get one thing for you!! Exercising every day is key. The facilities are usually pretty nice. I can't wait to do another cruise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. GOOD WORK! I'm glad you like your new bike. Having a good workout can make you instantly feel like a million bucks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that song too! Good job on the bike! You are doing great and the cruise is going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the info about your heart rate monitor. I think I might look into getting one. I would love to be able to more accurately track calories burned. Have fun on your cruise - I would suggest if you do buffets to fill up 3/4 of your plate with healthy stuff and then allow yourself 1/4 of the plate for tastes of treat-food.

    I have been following your journey for a while now - you are doing great! I love how despite setbacks you keep your positive attitude and keep looking forward. I have recently started my own maintenance blog: www.achievingequilibrium.com if you are interested!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That peppermint bark is addictive!! Thankfully, hubby ate the rest of what he put in my stocking before January started. Glad it's out of the house if it's a trigger for you too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...