SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, January 30, 2012

A New Start…Again! And a Challenge for Hubby and Me

I am REALLY struggling. I had another terrible eating weekend and did not attempt to control myself whatsoever. So I was not surprised to step on the scale this morning and see that I weigh even more than when I got back from the cruise.

Today is not my official weigh in day and I WILL lose SOMETHING this week by Wednesday.

And I know I keep saying this and saying this—but today is a new start.

Hubby wants to get some weight off and today is our day 1 of working together to get healthy and get the weight off. He has a lot less than I have to lose, but he wants to feel great again.

Helping him will motivate me. It was inspiring to see him measure out 1 Tbs. of coffee creamer this morning. Back to the basics.

Now I know that I probably don’t stand much of a chance to a man made of muscle in the weight loss department, but we did set up a little challenge!

The weigh in day for our contest will be on Mondays—whoever loses the most weight this week gets to pick a movie to watch and the other has to watch it with no complaints. He has already picked out his action packed man movie and I am still contemplating which chick flick I’d like to introduce him to. Winking smile

I know we can do this. And doing it together will make it much easier!

To a new start!

13 comments :

  1. always better with a partner. My hubby is doing this with me now too. It's been great watching him measure and track. Stinks that he gets so many more calories than me!!!! 6'4" and a man....what do I expect?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea. I hope you both do really well. It's always good to have the support of those you live with and now you can compete. Good luck to you both, but I hope you get the chick flick :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck! That is a great plan and having each other will help with motivation. I would definitely work hard to watch the chick flick instead of the action movie ;).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perhaps don't see it as a fresh tart but merely a continuation of all the hard work you've put in :D

    I'm glad you've got someone to help support you through this! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck to both of you!!!

    Jen@FoodFamilyFitness

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck to you and your hubby! My boyfriend and I are keeping each other accountable and motivated too. It's always better with a partner.

    You can do this!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great way to hold each other accountable! YES, it's MUCH easier to lose weight and reach goals when your spouse is right there with ya! My hubby and I workout together and take turns on our runs...it helps to know that we motivate one another and support each other! GOOD LUCK TO YOU BOTH :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why is it we love weekends so much?? They are a bummer on the scale! LOL All you can do is keep on saying it when it doesn't pan out the first time. Try, try again. It'll be great doing it with hubby. That will help tremendously. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay to your new start Alissa. And how great that hubby is along for the ride!!! Take care, I know you'll both succeed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's hard to defeat someone who NEVER QUITS. You'll get it Alissa, because you always keep trying.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a fun challenge! Good luck! :)

    Shannon
    http://www.everystepcounts365.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...