SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Great Day and a New Proud Owner

It felt good to wake up this morning after having a healthy day yesterday. My body thanks me for it every time. Eating good, nutritious foods, drinking water, and getting a little activity in is just what my body wants. I should listen to it more often instead of listening to the little unhealthy me on my shoulder who wants to derail my progress and sabotage my efforts. I like the healthy me a lot better! And I think others do too…I’m a happier version of myself!

For breakfast this morning, I made a turkey sausage and egg scramble along with PB/Banana toast and a glass of skim milk for 7 points.

13112 001

Hubby doesn’t do the banana on his toast thing, but he even said, “Yum” when he was eating his breakfast (minus the banana and with a side of strawberries). He isn’t much for eggs in the morning, but I know adding the sausage makes it a winning combination. Yay!

I had the day off and I was going to enjoy it. I wanted to get a lot done and also spend some time relaxing and doing the things that I like to do. It’s finally starting to sink in that I am officially done with school! And I have more time on my hands! Hallelujah!

I did a few things around the house, hopefully I can KEEP the house clean for once! Thinking smile

I am starting to think of ways to keep more organized. I have projects in my head of rearrangement and redesign for rooms in the house. For now, I’m just surfing Pinterest for great ideas—but I’ve started a plan for my office! Here’s my board for the home office. Not much on there yet! I just know I want a small wall of shelves behind my desk. I’ve always wanted a wall of shelves for my books, etc. Something like this (but with a little less cluttered look):

Pinned Image

So I will keep you all updated on that project…but I don’t really want to start it until spring so I can paint with the windows open.

Have a cheerful color scheme idea? I’m looking for something that is calming, cheerful and will get my creative energies going. If you have any ideas, send it to me! Open-mouthed smile

So after doing house work, I headed back up to the warm bed to read a book. For some reason, I often find myself surfing the web instead of reading books or doing other things I love to do. I want to try to spend more time doing other things and just unplug a bit.

I read for a while but then fell asleep. Ahhhh. Gotta love a day off!

I was awoken by a text that Clinque has a special 7 Pc. Gift promotion right now. If not for that, I probably would have slept all day! Gotta love those marketing texts…!

I am just a rambling today, aren’t I? Smile

When I got the mail in, I was certain that this was a letter telling me they reviewed my records and in fact, I hadn’t ACTUALLY graduated:

13112 002

It’s my greatest fear right now. I just KNOW something is going to go wrong. lol. But it was just telling me that they want me to take a survey. Whew!

And then I leisurely sat down with a cup of Joe with creamer for 1 point.

13112 003

And then it was taking care of business with the blog. Sigh…how can I make blogging my career? I love it so…! Anyone want to hire me? Open-mouthed smile

I am trying to find a family doctor and the process is brutal. I go online to my insurance provider website to find a doctor in my plan, call them, and they tell me they’re in some different city. And then I call another doctor and they tell me that I should be able to see anyone at a certain health system under my insurance—I guess I’ll find out when I get the bill! The process took entirely too long—but I have my appointments set and now I need to start tracking my BP again…and as of this morning, it definitely hasn’t gone down by switching to a different BC pill. Sad smileBut the point is, I need to get to the bottom of it one way or another. So I will face the music.

For lunch, I made a salad with greens, carrots, green onions, tomato, a boiled egg, FF turkey, and FF Ranch/French for 4 points.

13112 004

I can’t believe that salad was only 4 points! I could have added some nuts or something.

I finished it up with a cup of strawberries for 0 points.

13112 005

I love that these are finally affordable again. I will spend anything less than $3 on a lb. of strawberries. All of the berries have been 2/$5 lately. Yay!

When the temperature reached 52 degrees on this January 31st, I headed out the door for yet ANOTHER winter run! I love these sunshiney days. I can’t get enough of them.

13112 008

I ran 2 miles straight and walked for a total of 2.85 miles in 41:57. I burned 442 calories. I LOVE the way that running outside makes me feel. I love how it brightens my mood and makes everything a little brighter.

I had this song in my head when I finished.

I Can See Clearly Now

Yep, totally explains it! Smile

And then I opened the windows to let some fresh air in. I think it’s super important to do that throughout the winter months, even if it’s just for a few minutes.

For a snack, I ate an apple with PB for 3 points.

13112 011

And then I sipped on some Chocolate Tea for 0 points.

13112 012

Yum, that stuff is so good!

For supper, I made homemade Baked Coconut Shrimp along with Zucchini for 9 points.

13112 015

I can’t believe how easy it is to make that coconut shrimp! I want to perfect my recipe and then I will share! Smile

And then I came up with this parfait off of the top of my head when I saw the glasses in the cupboard. It contains Cool Whip Free, SF Jello, blackberries and banana for 2 points.

13112 016

And it was really good! I am going to experiment with these parfaits and invest in some longer spoons…didn’t work so well! haha

After supper, hubby and I went for a walk. We stopped at the grocery store to stock up on some more fruit, veggies, and hubby wanted some healthy snacks. Our total walk time was 40 minutes and I burned 265 calories. We did a 1/4 mile sprint in there too, but my knees were really feeling it from the run today!

I’m very happy with my workouts today! Gotta pat myself on the back for that one. Smile

I have 8 points left for the day. I will have a healthy snack. I hate to admit this, but for once I am actually hungry for a snack and not just eating one out of habit. Embarrassed smile

And yes, that is 9 emoticons today. Winking smile 10…

In case you missed it, I posted the Baked Creamy Chicken Taquitos Recipe today!

And by the way, I am now the proud owner of AJourneyToThin.com!!! My first domain…Bittersweet.

So what should happen is that eventually, you will be automatically redirected there when you visit ajourneytothin.blogspot.com. I am crossing my fingers that all goes well! There’s nothing there right now in case you looked.

***UPDATE*** If all went well, it should read ajourneytothin.com on your address bar!! easier than I thought! Smile Please let me know if you have any problems!

15 comments :

  1. Um, weird! I have that exact same coffee mug with the stripes! No idea where I got it though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your day off sounded amazing...I'm jealous :) I think I am going to take my birthday off in a couple of weeks and just do things I enjoy doing. Congrats on the domain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new domain! :)

    Sounds like you had a great day. Food looks delicious and healthy! I need to buy parfait glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about reading. I got an ereader for my bday last year because I want to take the time and unplug from the world every night. I find that I have read more books on my ereader then I have in the last 2 years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your very own domain!! So exciting :)

    Sounds like a wonderful day off...esp with an outdoor run in jan...in iowa! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your very own domain!! So exciting :)

    Sounds like a wonderful day off...esp with an outdoor run in jan...in iowa! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on having your own domain!

    You really enjoyed your day off! Seems like a fun and relaxing day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on having your own domain!

    You really enjoyed your day off! Seems like a fun and relaxing day :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the domain! It's so exciting that you are done school!

    Good luck with the organization - what about yellow for the room color. We painted our daughters room yellow and it is not too bright but very happy =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on the domain! and super news on the graduating!
    The projects sound so exciting :)

    And your food pictures make me hungry!!(not good, but got to love the pictures) :)

    Good luck!
    Megha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow all your food looked delicious especially that pudding :d

    Well done for keeping active and healthy :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a great day, complete with good food and a great run :)

    can't ask for more than that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. yay for the day off! the food looks so yummy. wish i took pictures more.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a SUPERFANTASTIC day!!! You are so on track! Take care!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...