SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Hello February, Hello Blizzard!

For breakfast this morning, I had 1 cup of oatmeal with 1/2 cup of fresh blueberries and a cup of 1% milk for 7 points.

2111 001

Did I mention I am loving these blueberries? They are PERFECT!

I left early for school. The roads were a little icy and starting to drift over- but not too bad. I was glad I left a little early though. There’s nothing worse than feeling rushed when the roads aren’t safe.

School went alright today. In one of the classes we have to write a paper for 1 of 4 books. I decided to get mine out of the way on the very first book and I was the only one who wrote a paper on the 1st book out of like 45 people! Well, I’m glad to have been prepared and planning ahead- because now that’s out of the way!

It was FRIGID when I got out of class. It was a very, very long and cold walk to the car today. BRRR!

So, I did pack my lunch in an effort to save money..But…

image

That’s right- Subway re-tweeted me. lol. I’m a nerd. I know Winking smileAfter the cold walk to my car- only a toasted Subway sub was on my mind!

So I had a turkey sub with baked BBQ Lay’s and a diet coke for 11 points.

2111 002

I will definitely pack my lunch AND eat it next time! Open-mouthed smile

And then it was grocery shopping time. For once, I didn’t spend all of my allotted money. I attempted to add everything up as I shopped, with a little calculator, until it said $155 and I only had like 5 items in my cart- oops, must have hit the wrong button- so much for that! But I still did well! Here are a few of my favorite finds:

2111 008

Spinach for the return of my green smoothies. My blender part was supposed to arrive today and it didn’t! Sad smile More delicious blueberries, bananas, Cuties, strawberries (under $3!!), and BUTTER lettuce- my FAVORITE! Oh and I found a bag of raw Spanish peanuts for 89 cents. I’m sure I can find some use for them at that price!

On my way home, I had my dessert, a Raspberry filled Ghirardelli dark chocolate square for 2 points.

2111 003

The conditions started to worsen the closer I got to home. It was REALLY blowing snow and I was glad to get home! I’ve driven in some really bad white out conditions before and I’m happy I made it home before anything bad started.

2111 005

That light snow just blows across the roads in the middle of nowhere and makes them icy and starts to drift the roads closed.

Hubby actually got off of work at 3:00 because the blizzard conditions were started. Yay!  Snow day of sorts! Smile

As I started reading for school, I brewed a cup of the last of my Costa Rican Peaberry coffee and mixed it with some white chocolate creamer for 2 points.

2111 010

Ahhh perfect for a day like today!

I got this Martha Stewart magazine in the mail today. It’s a free issue to sample- the cover was pretty enticing! My favorite color pink and a big hot fudge sundae on the cover. The magazine was speaking to my soul! lol

2111 009

A little while later, I snacked on some succulent Cuties Clementines for 0 points.

2111 011

I also had a banana for 0 points.

2111 012

For supper, I looked in the fridge and decided on Chicken Cordon Bleu for supper, it’s hard to see in the picture- but it’s chicken with a slice of ham and swiss cheese on top. I also made Cranberry pecan stuffing and steamed broccoli for a total of 10 points. It was a really good supper!

2111 013

For dessert, I had FF/SF vanilla pudding with sliced strawberries and a dab of cool whip on top for 2 points. SO GOOD! I have missed fresh strawberries SO much!

2111 016

After supper, I jumped on the stationary bike for a light workout. I actually got my reading for school done while I was biking! 30 minutes, 7.1 miles, 158 calories burned. I’m starting out February right! Gotta love my heart stickers for the month of Love! Red heart

2111 019

Still not feeling 100%, with a stuffy nose, a slight cough and my breathing sounds really shallow- so I’m sticking with light exercise until it’s gone completely.

I’m ending out the day with 2 points left. I am –1 in the red for the week due to life happening over the weekend that wasn’t planned and one bad choice on my part by eating a Dairy Queen mini blizzard that I didn’t plan for. But my weight has been down all week and I’m hoping it stays that way for a loss tomorrow!

The wind is really howling outside tonight and we have a real blizzard going on out there. Maybe hubby will get a snow day and he’ll be at home all day with me tomorrow! I’d still have to work- but that’s ok! Fingers crossed

15 comments :

  1. Yeah for subway retweeting you! That's cool

    Way to multi task, reading while biking. Your February I off to a great start

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you actually go to a center to weigh in, or are you online? Hope the snow doesn't affect you going to WI.

    I am still trying to figure out why blueberries are around in winter in the big packages. Not that I am complaining, but it is a first!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog and love the inspiration I get from your foodie picts! Keep up the awesome work you've done so far!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you guys get your snow day! Good luck at WI tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I miss strawberries. They remind me of warmer weather. I'm freezing my tush off!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pictures are making me sooooo hungry. LOL! Stay warm and if you get tired of that snow just send some my way! Good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also love Blueberries.....try have them in my diet, this time of year not so easy to find...but do that them this week.

    SAY NO to diet cola...ASPARTAME filled :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many fruits! Strawberries remind me of them in my fridge! I am going to eat them now:) Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sick of the weather. Stay nice and warm.

    Good luck on your weigh in. I'll be waiting to hear the results :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for the Subway retweet! :) Subs are awesome. :)

    The storm is terrible... we got so much snow too... it just doesn't stop.

    Strawberries, bananas and blueberries... mmmm :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how I miss strawberries!! The last batch I bought went bad in a day, same for the clementines I bought this weekend :( hope you and hubby get snowed in together- stay warm!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for the retweet!!! Fun!!!!
    Your grocery haul looks so "summery" with all the fruit and veg - what a contrast to what you are actually enduring weather wise. Take care and stay safe and warm down there!!! And good luck at WI!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've done a great job with this! We are going grocery shopping this week! It looks like you made good decisions this week.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...