SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, January 31, 2011

Good Riddance, JANUARY!

I hope you all had great weekends! Mine was nice and relaxing, but as always, it went too fast!

For whatever reason, I was dreaming that I was eating pie when I woke up this morning, and really didn’t feel that hungry. Don’t ask. lol. But I was thoroughly enjoying a delicious crust when the alarm went off. I’m so weird. haha. So I had 1 cup of Cheerios with 1/2 cup of blueberries and milk for 4 points.

013111 002

The blueberries were PERFECT! Juicy and sweet!

I was hungry by my first break, so I had a bowl of oatmeal with cinnamon for 4 points.

013111 003

I could tell that I am starting to feel myself again and am finally getting over this cold for a couple of reasons. 1) It was no problem to drink 9 cups of water by lunch time and 2) I was craving a salad for lunch!

So that’s just what I had. Lettuce, walnuts, Schwan’s Teriyaki chicken wings, feta cheese and a little ranch dressing for 5 points.

013111 004

I also had 1/2 a sandwich thin with whipped chive cream cheese for 2 points.

013111 005

And for dessert, I had a Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich for 4 points.

013111 006

On my last break, I had 2 Cuties clementines for 0 points. Have you ever injured yourself peeling an orange? I have. Twice actually. And the second time was this weekend. Hubby came running into the kitchen when he heard me making painful groans. I literally started crying it hurt so bad. I have never had so much pain in my life. I had thoughts of going to the emergency room because surely my thumb would fall off. When I was peeling the orange, the orange peel must have jabbed underneath my thumb nail and hit a nerve or something. Really weird, but I had these 2 little dots appear at the base of my thumb- like a spider bite. But after a while the pain subsided and the dots disappeared. WEIRD. My hand went cold and I had pain up to my collarbone. OUCH! Now there’s just a bruise beneath the nail. And all over a clementine!

013111 007

I got off of work about an hour early. So I relaxed for a bit and then started on finishing up some homework for tomorrow- IF we have class. We’re in for a BIG snowstorm over the next few days. Sometimes professors cancel class- but the University NEVER does- which is just ridiculous when it’s really bad out. I’ve already been told I may be asked to work tomorrow if a bunch of people don’t come in.

I’m feeling better, but still not 100%. Ok enough to get some light exercise in. I biked for 30 minutes, I’m not sure how many miles because the bike stopped tracking. But I burned 114 calories. I was pretty worn out at the end of this and it made it hurt when I breathe, but it felt good to get some activity again after being sick!

And let me tell ya, I’m going to say Good Riddance to January! I was sick twice and it just didn’t go as planned. Here’s my workout calendar for January:

013111 010

What is that 10 days that I worked out in the month of January!? Pitiful! I keep this on the fridge to keep me motivated- but that doesn’t help when you’re sick!

Yeah, being sick really messed that up for me! I’m looking forward to making February a better month and to fill that calendar up with stickers! Winking smile

Hubby told me earlier in the day that it was going to be a really late night- so I was thrilled when he called and said he would be coming home- and it was only 5:40!

For supper, I just threw pork chops with a little chicken broth and teriyaki sauce, potatoes, and pineapple in the oven. It actually turned out really good! I also had a slice of a very low calorie banana bread recipe I made, cottage cheese, and diet cherry Pepsi for 7 points.

013111 011

Dessert was banana soft serve. No this is not ice cream. It is simply a banana. 0 points.

013111 013

Miraculously, I still have 8 points left for the day! Nice! Now it’s time to relax as the snow settles in and we are safe and warm inside! Smile

10 comments :

  1. I think I'm almost better, too! I am totally sick of this sickness!!!

    Funny about the pie!!! Hey, no Points to count and you enjoyed it! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, I was sick too. Here's to a fabulous February

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you....buh bye January....on to a brighter month ahead!!! Glad you are feeling better. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had the same thing happen to me with an orange this weekend! It is a indescribable pain.

    I am also saying good riddance to January.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a weird dream! I've had random dreams about food too.. but only when I'm dieting! It's the wanting what you can't have thing, I guess.

    Also, you drank 9 cups of water before lunch?!? I am struggling to drink more water. I need to step it up.

    Do you have a goal weight loss for February? Cheers to a new month :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those chops look/sound delish! I know all about orange injuries; same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. Excruciating!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It makes a huge difference when you have a low point breakfast! February will be better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you're feeling better! And I love the calendar idea- I use my agenda to track workouts and meal planning. I know February is going to be much better now that you're over the crud!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the idea of putting a sticker on the days that you workout.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That ice-cream sandwich looks really good... I should get some vegan ones! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...