SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Soup and Salad Kind of Day

For breakfast this morning, I had a fruit, walnut and yogurt parfait: light vanilla yogurt, blueberries, strawberries, 1/2 a banana and walnuts for 2 points.

21711 001

I also had a Raisin Bran VitaTop for 3 points.

21711 002

School went alright for the most part today. My professor wore a 2 Pac hat to class today- no one said anything about it and he didn’t mention it…strange. lol.

Hubby picked me up from school and we went to Panera Bread for lunch since I had 3 gift cards for the place! I had the You Pick Two Thai Chopped Chicken Salad, Broccoli Cheddar Soup, and a whole grain baguette for 13 points.

21711 003

The salad was too spicy for me, I probably won’t order that again.

After that, we ran some errands. I had to run in Target to pick up prescriptions and since I was out of lettuce I decided to grab a bag there- and they had butter lettuce! My favorite!

We did stop to have some custard. Who could resist Mint Oreo? This was 10 points.

21711 004

Today was absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I didn’t have to wear a coat at all- it was that nice! There were people in tank tops and flip flops- which may have been a bit extreme, but it was really that nice out. It was sunny and almost 70 degrees- unbelievable for February in Iowa!

When we got home- we took advantage of the gorgeous weather and went outside for a run/walk. We walked 1.5 miles total and ran 1 mile straight in 11:50- which is my fastest mile yet! Total distance- 2.5 miles, Total time was 40:00 and I burned 362 calories. Better yet, it was refreshing mentally to be outside in the warm weather and sunshine! But I know mother nature is just teasing us and we’re going to have cold weather for a couple more months yet. But I enjoyed today!

For supper, I made homemade ham and bean soup, a salad (lettuce, tomato, avocado, carrots, mushrooms, 2% cheese and light ranch), light toast with Brummel & Brown and strawberry jam, along with a glass of iced tea for 9 points.

21711 005

Soup and salad for lunch and supper!

For dessert, I had FF/SF Chocolate pudding for 2 points.

21711 006

After supper, we headed into a bigger town because hubby wanted to get something for work. While we were there, I stopped at Lane Bryant because I had a coupon. I got a size 14/16 shirt and a comfy night shirt for a total of $1.06! Can’t beat that! Not to mention that pretty soon I won’t be able to shop there anymore- Hooray for that!

Hubby spotted Freshens in the mall and wanted a smoothie. We got the No Sugar Added Low Cal Mango Beach Smoothie. I drank about 1/3 of it for 2 points.

21711 007

It was pretty delicious!

Today was a fun day! I really enjoyed it. And the good news is, tomorrow is Friday! I do have to work, but what’s one day? Smile

10 comments :

  1. Looks like a great day! Not too long until you are out of Lane Bryant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job today - your food looks awesome, especially a mango smoothie - I love mango! Cheers, Rick

    ReplyDelete
  3. $1.06 WOW! What a deal! Your dinner looked good! Sounds like you had a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That parfait looks so good!! And for only 2 points!? Def will have to try that soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How in the world did you get such a good deal at Lane Bryant?! Lucky you!!! :) And that breakfast suuure looks good. mmmm

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love soup and salad. I haven`t had it in forever but really think I need to bring it back to my life. My camera is finally working so I can go back to posting what I eat! Yay!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great score at Lane Bryant!!!! Glad you had a better day today!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dang - that's a lot of fruits and veggies!

    I love coupons and discounts :D

    Pretty soon you will be saying goodbye to LB (and good riddance!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soup and Salad .... best.things.evah!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The food=yummy!!
    YAY for the mile run, that is a REALLY good pace too, congrats!!! :}
    And it’ll be so great to not have to shop at Lane Bryan anymore, I’m sure you’ll be there in no time!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...