SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Return of Something Green

For breakfast this morning, I had egg beaters with spinach, mushrooms, ham and a Laughing Cow cheese wedge. I also had a cup of 1% milk and 1/2 cup of fresh strawberries for a total of 6 points.

2811 001

It was SOOO SOOO COLD TODAY!

2811 002

The professor that randomly calls on people called on me today and told me to name an IA Senator- I know the senators but I completely blanked when she asked me and felt like an idiot. Always happens. Ugh! But I did get a paper back that I wrote for the class and got an A, so I was happy about that!

My plans to pack my lunch were derailed again as we were out of bread. It’s hard to make a sandwich without any bread. So I went to Subway. What a pity. Winking smile

I had a 6” Turkey sub with a diet Coke and I brought my own baked BBQ chips for a total of 10 points of deliciousness.

2811 003

And then it was grocery shopping time! I got some good deals today!

This morning I was running late, so I threw on a warm, comfy hoodie and ran out the door without looking in the mirror. When I got home I realized that I must have looked like a complete slob. This hoodie looks literally 3 sizes too large on me! But it sure is comfy! Winking smile I guess that’s a NSV since my clothes are getting looser and looser. I really need to make sure I’m looking in the mirror before heading out to make sure my clothes still fit!

I FINALLY got the part for the blender in the mail! The green smoothie made an epic return! Spinach, an orange, and a banana. 1 point.

2811 004

I have missed those green smoothies!

I had quite a few points left- so I snacked on 1 oz. of cashews for 5 points.

2811 006

I finally talked myself into getting on the treadmill this afternoon. I did a 5k total!! I am so proud of myself for pushing through. I had a 5k in mind and after I had run a mile, I thought I would stop, but I Miley Cyrus’ “The Climb” came onto my iPod and I knew what I had to do. Winking smile As cheesy as that sounds, that song is my “A Journey to Thin” theme song. It always reminds me of what this is all about! I didn’t run the whole thing, which made it more doable for me at this point in the game after taking some time off. I walked 1/4 mile to warm up, ran 1 mile, walked 1/4 mile, ran 1/2 mile, walked 1/4 mile, ran 1/2 mile, walked 1/8 mile, ran 1/8 mile, and walked the last .1 mile. I finished in 47:53. I did my running segments at 4.5 mph, which is pushing it for me! Not fast or anything- but it’s the fact that I pushed through it that counts for me! Someday I do aspire to run faster though…I keep telling myself it will come first with practice and second with losing the weight. I’m not sure how many calories I actually burned because my HR monitor doesn’t work a) when I’m on the treadmill and b) when my HR goes over 170, it seems.

2811 010

I was super sore afterwards though!

For supper, I had a salmon burger, asparagus, and a Trader Joe’s Vegetable egg roll for a total of 6 points.

2811 011

I was really impressed with the egg roll- very good!

For dessert, I had a Dark Chocolate Raspberry ice cream bar from Weight Watchers for 2 points. These are UNBELIEVABLY delicious! I had a coupon so I thought I would try them out and I am sold on these things!

2811 012

I still have 4 points left for the day- I’m not sure if I’m going to use them or not. It’s getting kind of late and I don’t want it to affect my WI tomorrow! Fingers crossed

13 comments :

  1. Whoo hoo to us both doing our 5ks today. Good luck on weigh in tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look yummy! Great job on the treadmill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for getting your blender back up and running!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good lookin eats as always!! My stomach is always grumbling after a visit to your blog :)

    Great 5K time! Mine was 59 minutes last time I 5Ked around my 'hood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm enjoying the GREEN shake I got from you and slowly adding extra things like celery, kiwi, cucumber...lol, but not banana as yet...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so afraid of spinach! I bought some the other day and wanted to try your shake, but just couldn't do it! I guess that could be a goal for February... try spinach.
    Good job on the walking - wishing you a happy WI

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhh... love you green monsters! I can't wait to go to the grocery store tomorrow and get me some spinach. I've been missing my green monsters.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on the run!

    Those cashews look so yummy. Those are my very favorite nut.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to go pushin' through on the treadmill!!! You are my role model!! And big yay for getting the blender back up and running! Good luck at WI!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love green smoothies! I've never put an orange into one, thanks for the idea :)
    The Climb is my theme song as well, I love it.

    Jen
    http://www.jenslosinit.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that song - it always gets me revved up when I hear it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those green monsters! I once was with a broken blender for a couple of months and I tried everything to make the smoothie, even tried using a mortar and pestle with NO luck at all!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...