SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, February 7, 2011

Looking to Improve

You know how we all dread Monday’s? I recently read a book that said that if we’re always dreading Monday’s we’re wasting a lot of time. Monday’s add up over a lifetime! It seems like I’m always wishing it were the weekend or Friday- we’ll end up wishing our lives away if we only live for those 2-3 days a week. Let’s make the whole week great!

I wasn’t feeling hungry for breakfast this morning. I always turn to cereal when I don’t really feel like eating much. I had 1/2 cup each of: plain cheerios, Fiber One cereal, blueberries and milk for 4 points.

20711 005

My schedule changed this week, so I have an extra half hour in the mornings and I will work a half hour later in the evenings. This morning I was so tired I decided to go back to bed. I felt a lot better when I woke up. Mondays can be hard!

For my first break, I had a slice of toast with PB and a sliced banana on top for 5 points.

20711 006

For lunch, I had an egg beater omelet with ham, cheese and mushrooms along with 1/2 cup of strawberries for 5 points.

20711 007

Yum- that was so good! For dessert, I had FF/SF Chocolate pudding for 2 points.

20711 008

I was hungry on my last break, so I had carrots with light ranch for 1 point.

20711 009

I also had a package of cocoa roasted almonds for 3 points.

20711 010

And brought back a cup of Duchess Grey tea for 0 points.

20711 011

For supper, I had a creamy chicken enchilada with spinach along with a side of steamed broccoli for 9 points.

20711 012

For dessert, I had banana soft serve which I drizzled with a caramel for 2 points.

20711 013

That leaves me with 4 points left for the day.

So today I tried to eat my veggies. I didn’t do amazing but it’s a start. I am trying to analyze what I’m eating and look for changes and where I can improve. I think I’ve gotten into a comfort zone and that may mean it’s time to work on improving. There’s so much to learn about healthy living. My motto is always moderation- so I never want to eliminate any foods- but there’s always room for improvement. I’m starting with trying to eat more veggies. So today I ate broccoli, spinach, mushrooms and carrots.

On the exercise front, I did run this weekend! Yay! I’m going to take today as a rest day- just don’t feel it today. But I did get in my 5 workouts last week-something I haven’t done in a LONG time! And I plan to do that again this week! My extra half hour in the morning on workdays should help me get in the activity- as long as I don’t go back to bed every morning like I did this morning. Winking smile


As far as The Joy of Love Challenge- I’m going to do yesterday’s- Who They Love. The only thing I could think of were our cats. And Daisy jumped up on hubby and just loves to sit on his lap. So here’s Daisy sitting on hubby’s lap.

20711 004

Today’s challenge was generations- and I’m just not sure what to photograph for that one, so I’m going to skip it. It’s hard when family isn’t really close.

Have a great week!

13 comments :

  1. That cheese with spinach,,,,,,,omg......
    *drool* my mouth is watering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep forgetting about banana soft serve! I gotta get some bananas in the freezer!

    Yay for running and veggies :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea mixing Cheerios with Fiber One.. how was it?

    Also that omelet looks good.. I need practice making those, mine never turn out right. I always like putting bell peppers or tomatoes in mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That enchilada looks so good! Yum!

    Good for you on always evaluating. It's definitely a key to success.

    p.s. Daisy is cute :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great that you are always trying to improve. I find a get in real ruts with what I eat and need to try and change it up occasionally.

    Daisy is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tip on Mondays. I will try not to dread them so :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am having a cheerios craving right now! Lovely yummy pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The enchilada looks good - but I really liked the idea of the egg beater omelete. I think I know what I'm now having for lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The enchilada! The omelete! everything looks delicous, I did so bad in terms of food last week I'm def. looking at your pics for inspiration :) Always looks, healthy, delicious, fresh and you're so right about moderation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the Monday comments - but they ARE hard!!! I'm going to follow your lead and try to make it a good week all week. BTW, you have two of the cutest cats EVER!!! SERIOUS AWWWWW!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have you tried the Jell-O Mousse Temptations? OMG..they are SO GOOD and only 60 calories. :) Love the kitty picture. SO adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally right about Mondays.. so hard to look forward to them though! Will try to be more positive NEXT Monday! :P

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...