SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Weigh In Day

I try to spend as much time as I can packing lunches and getting breakfast ready before I weigh. I don’t know if I think I’m going to lose weight into thin air by waiting a while, but I always do that! I stepped on the scale this morning and weighed in at 230.8. This is my lowest weight yet, but only a loss of .8. I’m trying not to be disappointed and to celebrate the loss. I know that I could have done better this week. But every ounce lost puts me closer to my goal! So, Go me! :)

TOTAL LOST: 57.2 Lbs.

Summer Challenge: 7.2 lbs lost

That means that I have to average a little over 2 lbs. a week to meet my 20 lb goal. That’s a pretty lofty goal for me because I lose weight slowly. But maybe this being at home thing will help out!

For breakfast I had 1 cup of Irish Oatmeal from Trader Joe’s with about 1/2 cup of fresh sliced peaches mixed in. I also had 1 cup of 1% milk. I forgot how much I LOVE oatmeal. I haven’t been eating it since it has been so hot. Yum! This was 4.5 points. I’m always amazed at how low point oatmeal is for how filling it is!

7142010 002

After hubby left, I decided to go back upstairs and rest for a while. I woke up with a bad headache, the kind that makes even my teeth ache. I often get headaches when I exert myself, so it was probably due to the 2.5 mile run last night. But I slept for 30 minutes and I felt better. My body is sore and tired and I feel like I’m lacking energy. So today is going to be a rest day. When I woke up, I caught up on blogs- so inspiring to read what you all have to say! :)

I made up an iced coffee for 1.5 points and signed in to work!

7142010 003

The first part of my day went quickly and before I knew it, it was time for my first break. I had 1/2 cup of bing cherries and counted out 16 animal crackers to snack on. 2.5 points total.

7142010 005

7142010 006

For lunch I had 3 egg whites, 1/2 cup of mushrooms and 1 slice of deli turkey all sautéed together. I also had 1 slice of whole wheat toast with almond butter and 3 slices of turkey bacon. Breakfast for lunch for a total of 4.5 points. I can’t believe how much more filling food I can eat- for less points- when I am at home to prepare it!

7142010 007

For dessert I had a No Pudge! brownie for 2 points.

7142010 008

After lunch, I was so thirsty from the salt in my lunch. I sipped on water. When it was time for my next break I needed something refreshing, so I whipped up a fruit smoothie made out of 1/2 cup light vanilla yogurt, 1/2 cup strawberries, 1/2 cup blueberries and ice- so much better than vending machine food! Only 2 points!

7142010 010

I finished up the day and then got supper together for when hubby got home. I had a taco salad made up of: 2 cups of lettuce (fresh from our garden!), 1 roma tomato, 1 oz avocado, 7 Trader Joe’s tortilla chips, 1 Tablespoon shredded sharp cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup black beans, salsa and a little sour cream. I ended up eating a couple more chips and guacamole for a total of 8 points- unbelievably delicious!

7142010 011

For dessert, I had a serving size total, 1/2 cookies and cream ice cream and 1/2 peanut butter sensation. 4 points.

7142010 012

I still have 2 points left for the night but I don’t think I’ll use them. I’m stuffed! But if I need them, they’re free.

Do you like these longer posts or are they just TOO long? Be honest! :)

9 comments :

  1. Hey, great job on the 2.5 mile run!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should find each other on daily mile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It certainly looks like you are covering all the bases to get to that 2 lbs a week mark that you're shooting for. Good luck with your summer goals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the long post but it looks time consuming to post all the pics and such.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your long posts :)
    Congrats on a nice weigh in. I find in the humidity it's hard to have enough energy to do anything!
    Your dinner looks so delish that i wish i was there :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't mind the long posts at all! I like all the food pictures. My kids (and me) love those little animal cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 7.2 lbs is fantastic! You are so close to your goal now!
    Great job on the run too :)

    I love long posts with pics, they make for interesting reads :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on the loss!! DEF worth celebrating!!

    And yes I love your post when you include your pictures!! Not to long at all!!

    PS hope you don't think mine are too long!! ;) lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoy the longer post and the food ideas. I am struggling on frozen lean dinners to make it through ww just because I am too lazy to figure out what to make! You inspire me! Today is weigh in day and I am very, very VERY nervous! Congrats to your .8 every ounce is one step closer to THIN!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...